*VNOG* Wombat Forest sat 22 Jan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a minute!!
No carnage ( well a bit of ding in my tub ) and as promised a very easy going day trundling around the scrub. Pictures and write up coming.
Magnificent day for it.

C'mon Aido - lift your game. We now expect live commentary via twitter or facebook.

(Two things I have never used but I've heard they are way cool!)

Ok then here is the obligatory write up.
We all reached the meet point bang on 10am aired down and headed off to Firth Park for a bit of a gander. I had planned to go from there to the Anderson Mill site where there is a massive pile of sawdust that is near on 100 years old and quite awesome to behold but given the rain we have had and knowing the track in has some serious bogholes I decided against it. So instead meandered back down XL track which is pretty easy going. Bit of tree clearing and taking the easy route around a few of the bogholes. Crossed Chettle rd and continued down XL track into Lerderderg where we came to the crossing of the Lerderderg river. Amazing to see that it had been up to about 2.5 - 3m in the past week. The crossing was a little interesting but nothing too tough.
Onto O'briens rd and down to Blackwood for lunch. When we arrived at what I remember to be a picturesque little swiming hole and a good spot for lunch we found that the recent rains had re-organized the area a bit. The bridge crossing was washed out and the bridge itself was a banana. Theres a picture coming that shows a 500 x 250 RSJ bent at 30 degrees from the force of the debris and the water.
After lunch we just tootled around the Blackwood area and took in the sights of the bush --- and a well traveled track that terminated at a cliff top above the Lerderderg river.
Down Wheelers track and that was about it. Dave was only 20 mins from home so waved him goodbye and we others headed back towards the Western Highway.
Weather was there, wish you were grouse.........or something like that :sarcastic:

WombatJan2011048Standarde-mailview.jpg

WombatJan2011036Standarde-mailview.jpg

WombatJan2011019Standarde-mailview.jpg

WombatJan2011023Standarde-mailview.jpg

In this picture

WombatJan2011019Standarde-mailview.jpg

Dave and Heath would have been shoulder deep last week you can see debris in the top left around the tree.

Didn't really have the camera out much.

Great pics. :top:At one of my usual haunts on the Howqua,that much rain fell after last winter that the river flow deposited tons of rocks on a bend and moved the river over 20 meters.Logs snapped in half from the force.
it changed the coarse of the river.Jaw dropping to see the changes that much water can make.

As is becoming obvious every trip with vnog is a great day out. If your thinking of coming for a drive just do it. Thanks aido photo,s are great

thanks for the pics aido and a great day out looking forward to the next one

Looks like you all had a good time, pitty I missed it. I spotted ONLOCK on the way home I guess, I was in the wife's Carolla on the western HWY, went past at the top of the pentland hills.

Latest posts

Back