vrs winch 9500 with rope $799

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpvguy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody is running VRS winch 9500 with synthetic rope cause autobarn have them for $799 and with steel cable for $649
any thoughts im after a winch just for odd weekend out.
Cheers fpvguy

mate if you just looking for a cheap winch for the odd trip, then i would go to aldi on wednesday and grab one of those, you will save a few bucks and from all reports they are meant to be pretty good.
Old Tony has one and has used it a few times and had no probs. the other thing i like about aldi is there no fuss replacement warranty

mate if you just looking for a cheap winch for the odd trip, then i would go to aldi on wednesday and grab one of those, you will save a few bucks and from all reports they are meant to be pretty good.
Old Tony has one and has used it a few times and had no probs. the other thing i like about aldi is there no fuss replacement warranty

I got an I max off eBay. $385 delivered. Dyneema rope. Works a perfect.

I got an I max off eBay. $385 delivered. Dyneema rope. Works a perfect.

There is another option.
I did read somewhere once that the ones from autobarn kept shutting down due to getting too hot and i think that was just on a one off single line long pull of 25m

BUT they change things all the time and that may have been fixed.

Well I just found out the vrs winch will not fit the Nissan bar and on the bar its says to use the warn xd9000 which I was told would only fit the bar so mmmm dunno

no that cant be. as far as i know 99% of winches are roughly the same size and have the same bolt pattern, the Chinese wouldnt sell any if that were the case.

There are heaps of guys on here with all sorts of bars and they all run different winches.

Well I just found out the vrs winch will not fit the Nissan bar and on the bar its says to use the warn xd9000 which I was told would only fit the bar so mmmm dunno

Don't listen to that. Just a recommendations mainly it's because the holes in the bar are designed for the style of control box that warn xd has. The cables come
Out the back instead of the side. I worked around that.

As said in the post above "pay no attention to that crap written on the bar"
I have a TMax mounted in my Nissan bar and I know guys with Aldi, Super Cheap and Tigers11 winches in thier Nissan bars...
Bill

im getting a VRS winch fitted next week, i got a nissan bar which im told by the boys at opposite lock they are made by ARB and fits 99% of winches out there. Will upload pics as soon as its done.

I Fit my VRS winch (Steel Rope) last week to an ARB Sahara bar, Other then extending one of the earth wires out of the control box it was a Perfect fit.
They were on sale at opposite lock Warana $495 a couple of weeks ago.(Nice mark up)

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...WD-Recovery-Winch.aspx?pid=284085#Description

on sale at supercheap,i love mine and wont buy another brand again,not saying there not other good cheap brands but when you find something that works why change it.never had an issue with it and ive put it through the ringer on purpose to make sure it had the balls to do what i want it to do and supercheap warranty is no questions asked or just a 16 yr old chick asking why it doesnt work,not exactly hard to confuse them about winches haha.

Aldi

hey mate,
i actually researched the aldi winches and there apparantly really good quality, it's just the thought that if aldi sell winches there gonna snap. but definietly if it's a one off go and give it a check at your local aldi before wendsday.
goodluck

Tigerz11 are the same price as aldis but are rated double load capacity I think? I'm going to go down that track in a month or so!

Latest posts

Back