Want to join a 4x4 Club- just want some advice. Have u joined one?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmma221

Reaction score
Hay guys I have made quite a few posts and you guys have always delivered the goods so here I am again.

Im looking at joing a 4x4 club but dont know anyone whos in one. Just want some advice on what they offer, do u have to have a specific 4x4 for some and what are some of the fees like?
Any other advice would be helpfull!

Ohh and I live in shelley, So if there is anyone near that area that is in a 4x4 club, maybe I could meet up with u.

Cheers guys.

:dancing1:

Where is Shelley.
I would be more inclined to look for trips and touring in your state and go out with the boys on them.4x4 clubs have alot of politics and wankers in them and I dont think you would enjoy it where Nav get togethers are more fun and the experienced guys will teach you along the way but each to there own.

What Scotty said :cheers!:

I'd never even driven a 4WD before I bought the Nav and joined this unreal forum. Going out on day trips etc with people from the forum in your area like I did lets you learn all about it with friends, and its really easy. You are always learning of course, but thats half the fun.

Are you from Perth? Plenty of forum members from there. :rock:

I am a member of Barossa Districts 4WD club in SA. Cant speak highly enough of the club. Good events, can get to places most people cant go as member of a club and the club people have contacts. There are some politics but it depends on the club. Some clubs are big where as ours is small and friendly.

There are also options to have training for Nationally Accredited courses which may help you in job hunting?

scottybobcat - Have a look on google maps - it is Near Albury and believe it is in Vic

I too refrained from joining a club because of the politics etc. However, having decided to bite the bullet and become a member of the Mount Lofty Rangers 4WD Club 12 months ago I am most impressed.

I did attend other club meetings before joining. The point being find a club that fits with your thinking and lifestyle and you'll enjoy it.

Try a web search for online directories. plenty of sites like this;
http://www.4wdworld.com.au/Category/4wd_clubs/
that give lists of clubs. Warning some seem a bit dated, but that probably means the individual club isn't promoting itself(might be an indication of internal politics there).

Any collection of people can have politics. some begnin(sp?), others caustic. you just have t give them a try. As Krafty hinted, ask how many times you can come along before joining and judge from your experiences.

I haven't actually hinted. I agree the club has to fit you as much as you fit the club but haven't hinted.

soz, was Boss hog that mentioned going before being a member. any reputable club will let you come along to a basic event(Note the prior training requirements that most have - seems to be an insurance requirement.).
And as Krafty did say, it is as much about you as them.

Barossa club states you must attend 2 meetings and an overnight trip before you are eligible to join. You then know if it is for you or not. I will have been to about 6 events before I am a member.

I fail to see the point in them !
At least with a forum if you don't like something or someone you can please you self.
I have meet some top people through this forum.

All right then, Calling all members of the 4x4 club in perth. I want to know if you guys have an event or anything like that, that might be comming up so I can come along.

And yeah the shelley near freo.

Not much 4x4ing around our area but, Only been to tim thickets beach in mandurah. And im bloody looking foward to moving to broome at the start of next year. THEN THERE WILL BE SOME 4X4ING!!!!!

And yeah the shelley near freo.

Not much 4x4ing around our area but, Only been to tim thickets beach in mandurah. And im bloody looking foward to moving to broome at the start of next year. THEN THERE WILL BE SOME 4X4ING!!!!!

I live in Port Hedland and there isn't much 4wding. You either have to travel 600+kms to get ANYWHERE or you have to take your rig through mudflats. And i have seen my fair share of rusted out shells sitting in a creek. Good for fishing, so thats why i am happy to own a 4wd.

Brett

Latest posts

Back