Warning lights on dash ??? 2011 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
The dealer has absolutely no idea despite my taking photos of my instrument cluster every time it happens.....

Over to the right above the fuel gauge, randomly, both the VDC OFF and anti-skid? lights illuminate. The only way they go away is to turn the car off and back on.

Doesn't happen everytime I drive, sometimes not for days and then out of the blue they will come on. Anytime at all. Normal driving, no wheel spin, nothing. Weird. Car still drives fine but I assume without these two safety nets!

Seeing the dealer has no idea, thought I would ask you guys?

They want me to come over when they come on but it is so random, everytime it happens it would be completely impractical.

I'd be thinking something with one of the ABS sensors as well - either a fault, or a misalignment. The speedo should still read properly (despite the ABS sensors being the source of the data used for the speedo) because the ECU users a "best of 4" approach. You may find that when these lights appear, you can't engage 4WD either.

Done any forest tracks that might have flicked a stick up and snagged an ABS cable?

^^^ most common situation! Check rear wheel speed sensor cables.. They hang down near the rear hubs.. One may be just slightly spliced

Same on my D40 Series 4

Mine just started doing the same 2 days ago. Takes consistently about 20 minutes from turn on time to when both lights illuminate.

Took to dealer today. He said fault code indicated faulty brake light switch. He replaced. Picked car up from dealer - drove 20 minutes - both lights came on. Finished the trip. Then on next trip, exactly the same.

Car seems to drive fine but will be back to the dealer on Monday.

Mate, wait until the car gets hot and see if it goes into low 4. Be prepared if it does, it will NOT come back out until the car cools down.

I won't even go into the dramas I had at Easter stuck up at double island with a brand new car and a transfer case that didn't want to play ball.

How was it it fixed?

Buggered if I know. It played up worse than Craig Thomson while I was there - VCD OFF light was constantly illuminated and all of a sudden, it went off and my whole 4wd system started working perfectly. So since Easter, no warning lights, nothing. It slips into L4, H4 and 2wd hot or cold no problem.

I can't even get Nissan to look into it now because it's working fine.

I wanted to burn the far king thing at Easter..........

If the lights come on, drive straight to the dealer (if you can) and leave the car running.

I never could because it was too far away. They can plug in while the lights are on.

Apparently it's got something to do with the three switches on the transfer case but my car is brand new!

Back