warranty and clutch issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trevor1985

Reaction score
hi guys,
im new to this forum and also got brand new navara st dual cab diesle, just quick one got no prblems yet only done 100 k's but im just wondering about all these clutch issues and warranty issues i been reading everyone been having just wondering if anyone in here has had any problems like that because im abit nervouse now i start readind what some people are going through or gone through..

Hi Trevor I have 22k on my truck & is going strong. Only problem I have had is a peeling steering wheel which they replaced the section peeling without a question. Cheers Jeff

Trevor,

Welcome to the forum.

I must say that when I purchased my Navara, I read too much stuff on the internet & was crapping myself, convinced I had bought what would turn out to be a lemon.

While I haven't done a huge number of Ks, I am really happy with both the car & dealer.

Human nature being what it is, you will read more negative stuff than positive. I have read criticisms about some features of the Navara that I am completely happy with. If I did not already have the car, I would have been influenced by these opinions.

I am not saying these people are wrong, it's just that we all have different expectations.

As for the clutch issue, sorry I cant help but maybe it's a matter of "suck it & see".

my ST has 24000on it now, cant comment on the clutch problems, mine still seems good, i do a fair bit of beach driving. i have had it back to nissan to have the roof gutters repainted twice, they done a very ordinary job the first time. but they repaired it no questions asked and supplied a loan vehicle.
cheers
Geoff

I believe somewhere in these forums it's stated that the clutch problems in D40's were in the earlier models and that maybe from something like 08-09 onwards most of the problems began to disappear. You'll still find plenty of bad stories about them, like others have said it's the way the world works and bad news travels fast but I'm sure there has been very few later model D40's with clutch issues, or atleast the same clutch issue that is widely spoken about.

One of my customers has 2 d40's and both had had clutches replaced (under warranty) and i abused the clutch on mine for 40k + kms with no issues. Luck of the draw I reckon. Don't let it worry you, just enjoy your new car!

I have a new ST dual cab I bought in March and have now done 25,000km. I carry about 500-600kg and do about 1200km a week. I was sh1tting myself too after reading the clutch issues and work with a guy who did one in his Patrol. My Nav works hard to get that load moving each take off and I've not had an ounce of trouble.
The only thing that is a problem is the sag in the back - but common consensus is this is normal (I'm lifting it).
The 'fake' leather trim in the interior is peeling everywhere (gear knob, handbrake, steering wheel), but I don't like my dealer so am not worrying about it.
In all, I think you've made a good choice - like me, work with it and love it. Nothing worse that feeling like you're stuck with something you don't like.

I have a 2010 ST with 20k km on the clock and no issues at all. Thrashed it on the beach, bush and road and the clutch is still nice and smooth. Like Krafty said, it seems to only be in the earlier ST-x models more than the new ones. Dont stress too much either because as much as people say they drove it perfectly, some people are just prone to burn out clutches.

That's the biggest issue with any of these problems, unless you can see someone with your own eyes you really don't know how they drive and treat a car or how that compares to your own habits and abilities. There is just as many faulty cars as faulty drivers.

That's the biggest issue with any of these problems, unless you can see someone with your own eyes you really don't know how they drive and treat a car or how that compares to your own habits and abilities. There is just as many faulty cars as faulty drivers.

------
Well said Krafty!

thanks guys feel much better now and very happy with it gonna drop it in a few weeks to get some bigger tyres, suspension bullbar all the bells and whistles done;)

Welcome to the forum, I think everyone has summed it up pretty well. I have 50k km on mine and no clutch issues touch wood. I just put it in low range if I find I need to ride the clutch in 1st at times and that takes all the problems out.

ive done my clutch on my st at 26k. it goes into nissan this week to see if they will fix under warranty. i tow about 2 tonne all the time though. fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back