Warranty and mods?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun 550

Reaction score
Hey,
As yous may know I just bought a new STX 550,
And well I'm already looking at mods but don't won't to loose my warranty associated with the changes.

I want to install a 45mm lift, Tough Dog.
Bogarde turbo timer.
Viper security system with remote start.

The other thing I would like to do is fit a catch can but I'm pretty sure as they are illegal that will void my warranty.

Gonna speak to my dealer about these things next week but thought someone on here might have some answers for me now?

Reagards

Shaun

All of it except the security system will void your warranty as far as im aware. I might be wrong on the security system as well if someone wants to correct me?

nissan will only void your warranty on the components you change, for eg your suspension and those exact components.
They cant say that a blown gearbox is from you lifting the ute by 2"s so they would cover it.

The catch can is only illegal if you vent it into the atmosphere as apposed to back into the engine, so it wont void any warranty, and nissan would have to prove it was that part that caused any failure.

As above. Catch cans are fine and will NOT void warranty unless the hose comes loose and the engine can suck unfiltered air in. Turbo timers ARE illegal in every state except inebriation but they're not exactly the kind of thing that police ping us for. They're more of a "technically illegal" item, in relation to the law that they implemented to reduce the number of car thefts (leaving an unattended vehicle running).

Many of us have modded cars - Nissan will only refuse warranty if the failure is caused by the modification. A dealer might try to say that your use of a catch can caused the rear window wiper to fail which interfered with the turbocharger actuator causing the battery to go flat and kill the ECU in its last breath, but you have the option of calling bullshit on him or going to another dealer. Personally I like the BS option with a yarn like that!

Back