warrumbungles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nao

Reaction score
thinking of heading up to the warummbungles for a weeks or so from melbourne, anyone been or know the area ?

Lovely place. Dogs not allowed, it gets quite hot during the day but can get cold at night. There's a 4WD park at the southern foot about 8km north of Tooraweenah called "Ados", we held the first Navara Muster there. Peter (owner) charges about $9 per night for camping, there's two flushing toilets but the showers were mediocre at best (he might have changed that!). You COULD take dogs to Ados but they often lay fox baits around and being a working farm, he has his own dogs too and they might not get along.

Coonabarabran is a nice enough town with most facilities, Siding Springs is west of the town in the heights of the range and is worth visiting (the museum might not be worth the entry fee, but you could consider that a donation). The telescope itself is worth seeing.

Watch out for brown and black snakes.

I took my Scottish cousin there and he was amazing at how pushy the roos are ... if you camp in the national park you need to fight them for your dinner :) However the walks and area in general is wonderful ... one of my favourite spots in Oz

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back