Water bowl in fuel filter light on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeanosD22

Reaction score
Hey guys, got a call from the missus today telling me my warning lamp is on for the water bowl in the fuel filter. I had this issue last week, I drained the bowl completely and re-primed the fuel system and the light went away. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue? It's a 2012 d22 yd25. Kind of thinking I might check the plug connection and contacts and drain the filter again. It's just a pita coz I'm in Melbourne for work atm and can't do anything about it until I get home. Any help would be muchly appreciated
Cheers Deano

Was there any water in the fuel you drained off last time, if no water was present maybe it is just a connection, if on the other hand you drained a fair amount of water I would be concerned, and draining it as soon as possible to avoid any chance of water damage to injection pump or motor

A small amount of water came out but there wasn't enough there to be overly concerned about which makes me think that it is an electrical issue. I would have thought that if I had got a tank of contaminated fuel that the truck would be running pretty rough and would be down on power but it's doing neither

A small amount of water came out but there wasn't enough there to be overly concerned about which makes me think that it is an electrical issue. I would have thought that if I had got a tank of contaminated fuel that the truck would be running pretty rough and would be down on power but it's doing neither

I recently got a crap tank. Was running rough and down on power quite a bit. I drained the water out and there wasn't much at all in there but the light didn't come on. Changed the filter now it's all good. So maybe its electrical?

Try cleaning the sensor. I had the same issue and sprayed maff cleaner into bowl and sensor

Latest posts

Back