Water leak on drivers side floor?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav_man

Reaction score
Hey guys,
been raining for the last couple of days and i haven't been driving my ute but some how my drivers side floor is soaked. i went windscreens obrien to check the front window,also i checked the air conditioner pipe on passenger side.
and came up with nothing.
Anyone else had this problem?

Grommets in the floor pan missing?
Door seals leaking (although that's possibly not going to let rain in)
Firewall grommets leaking?

i dont think it would be the heater core,because the heater would have to be on wouldn't it?
as for the other grommets maybe but i dont see how water can leak from under the car into the cab without me driving it but i will have a look.
its not just a little bit of water either its fully soaked...

Well the only other recent report of the same problem was exactly as 08KC suggested and I think it was also suggested in that thread that it was a bitch of a job to replace so I hope it's not for your sake.

rito guy still unsure where its coming in..
i lifted out that plastic cover on the bottom of door plus the one in the footwell lifted up the carpet and there is a pool of water in there..i've checked the grommets and door seal again and nothing.. really starting to piss me off just from a little bit of rain i now have with a soaking wet drivers side floor

Heater core can leak at anytime, but it usually gives off an obvious odour.

Next check would be to lie under the dash and get someone to spray the hose all over the windscreen seals, rubber bungs etc, to see if you can spot where it's coming from.

i have another car that leaks water from the grille in front of windscreen down in to the footwell behind the dash cos the drain is blocked and it rusted badly. The car is 34 years old tho...

mate how are you

i had very simular problem turned out being top window seal , was dripping when the ute was pointing down hill then watter would shoot down the roof and under the seal . the seal looked fin but have a tube of window sealer and she now good as gold

kk guys its ok stop lookin!! found out i missed a grommet near the bottom of firewall. thanks for your help any way !!

I had the exact same problem after rain, got the window checked out but it wasnt that. It turned out to be a grommet on the firewall drivers side. We had a wire poking through (I think for the UHF) and as it was a bit tight the water would travel along the wire and into the grommet hole and leak onto the floor.

so much for stop looking!! rained the other day same problem..
might take it back to the dealer i brought it from.so far its been there 5 times in the last two weeks and them telling me its fixed. all they did was siliconed up the gromets on my firewall and apparently checked the window seal. is there any chance the water could come in under the aerial rubber? any other ideas..

I now have the same issue with my 2010 model D22. The driver's side footwell is soaked.

I took it back to the dealer and they said they fixed a leak in the air con duct on the passengers side. It then leaked again, so they replaced the door seals, but it's still leaking on the driver's side. The floor pan is even starting to rust.

I checked all grommets and seals and I just can't find where it's coming from.

Anyone have any more ideas?

mine leaks there aswell, i think it leaks passenger side too.

i have a suspicion it is getting in around the sidestep mounting bolts.
they dont appear to be very well sealed up, and the steps have taken a bit of a beating so that wouldnt help either.
ill be taking them off when i get a chance, sealing up the holes and replacing with sliders.

let us know how you go incase its something else.

Thanks ben85. I think you might be right. I took the side steps mounting plate off to have a look, and it's not sealed at all. It's also very rusty on both sides. I might attack it with sealant next weekend. Such a pain though to get the carpet out to dry it.

Back