Water Separator filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunning1987

Reaction score
Has anyone Fitted one filter like this yet? I've just bought a housing and micron 2 filter and was planning on fitting it one the LHS near the air-cleaner box? Anyone have pictures of where else they've fitted one?

Cheers
Mitch

Dont go fitting really small micron filters to CRD cars.

There is a reason Water Watch use a sensor and warning system rather than a filtration and catchment type system.

I looked at them mike but $500....Wow that's a rout but if it does the job its better then a set of injectors!

Yer i have the ability to change from either a 2-4-6 micron and its a silicone base filter, Also has a option of a sensor if I want to put one in.

Dont go fitting really small micron filters to CRD cars.

There is a reason Water Watch use a sensor and warning system rather than a filtration and catchment type system.

I change my standard filter every 10,000K do you think just a water watch/separator will suffice or better to have some sort of extra filtration along with it?

A water watch will be fine on its own with just the stock filter.

Thats the way they were designed. Detect the water coming into the system, warn the driver and give enough time to shut the engine down before the water enters the main fuel filter.

Once the alarm goes off and you back the throttle down to zero percent. The amount of diesel going through the water watch and stock filter assy drops to a very small amount per minute.

I looked at them mike but $500....Wow that's a rout but if it does the job its better then a set of injectors!

Yer i have the ability to change from either a 2-4-6 micron and its a silicone base filter, Also has a option of a sensor if I want to put one in.

A fella once described to me these filters, good for shit bad for water.
When water hits it it reduces to smaller particles, emulsifiers if you will and still stays in the water.
The water watch detects the water and tells me so I can stop before any damage occurs.

$500 OSA bit steep, but like you say. New injectors, or worse a new motor??

It got my vote, ill always check and maintain the standard 'filter' religiously

Thanks. I'm little reluctant to give any more restriction on the supply side that what exists.

And i don't believe there's any restriction. Same size pipe in and out. As its not a 'filter'
It's a catchment.
I could be wrong

Has anyone Fitted one filter like this yet? I've just bought a housing and micron 2 filter and was planning on fitting it one the LHS near the air-cleaner box? Anyone have pictures of where else they've fitted one?

Cheers
Mitch

I've fitted Water Watch and it works for me. When I got mine back in 2009 they didn't come with a fitting kit so had to manufacture a bracket etc. Pics show where mine in fitted......the OEM fitting kit has them mounted on the inner mudguard/firewall passenger side of engine bay.

Attachments

• IMG_3901.jpg
    IMG_3901.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Back