wd21 with td27t

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aminto

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently purchased a 1991 4 door pathfinder (well at least it has pathfinder in large letters all along both sides) but has 'nissan terrano' and 'turbo R3M' on the tailgate. I believe that at the time it was a grey import into oz...
Naturally, being 20yo it has a few problems eg the speedo sticks at 76kph the tach is stuck on 100rpm, the engine overheats when run at highway speed (over 76kph -:)) (a previous owner used only water without anti-freeze in case he had to use the radiator contents for drinking water when marooned in the desert...)
BUT am going to use this forum to solve these problems for it runs well otherwise.... ...so please have patience with a newbie for i am certain there will be some simple questions asked...
The first question is where to purchase a manual for the diesel engine, i have a haynes manual for the '91 but it says nothing about the diesel engine or come to that much of the electrics, etc.... (less and less impressed with haynes...)
Best regards, Andrew

Welcome to the forums Andrew.

Not sure exactly what models Dion has the manuals for but if you wait around he might be able to help you. (I think he had a thread about D21 manuals for sale too)

Hello,
I have recently purchased a 1991 4 door pathfinder (well at least it has pathfinder in large letters all along both sides) but has 'nissan terrano' and 'turbo R3M' on the tailgate. I believe that at the time it was a grey import into oz...

Correct on the grey import. Any WD21 with a diesel engine is a Terrano, which is the fancy upmarket Japanese Pathfinder. Very nice vehicles.

Naturally, being 20yo it has a few problems eg the speedo sticks at 76kph the tach is stuck on 100rpm,

In the absence of any more in-depth problem, the needles bend in the sun till they jam on the dial face. I haven't really worked out a solution to that yet

the engine overheats when run at highway speed (over 76kph -:)) (a previous owner used only water without anti-freeze in case he had to use the radiator contents for drinking water when marooned in the desert...)

Mmmmm, the havoc galvanic corrosion must have wreaked. Much better idea to use straight water in the washer bottle - easier to retrieve, and less likely to fill you up with copper, iron oxide, and aluminium oxide.

The first question is where to purchase a manual for the diesel engine, i have a haynes manual for the '91 but it says nothing about the diesel engine or come to that much of the electrics, etc.... (less and less impressed with haynes...)

I'd advise rather than buying individual pages from me, PM Nizzbits on this forum for a price on a new workshop manual from Nissan. You need D21 Series Workshop Manual Supplement III.

RE: your PM to me, I can't attach files to PMs so what you need is attached to this post.

Attachments

• coolant.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 5,079
The D22 service manual has TD27T info, most of that should get you out of trouble.

Dave.

Dion, you be da man!!!... (ooh! i don't think i've ever said that before) -- so there is no air vent up high on the engine (it seemed unlikely to me...) --
i'll try to take apart the dash and reset the needles -- and i'll pm nizzbits for the appropriate manual after taking a look at the d22 service manual suggested by Dave
...and Dave many thanks for the information!

That's a US market manual, no diesel, no dual cab. Good for chassis, suspension and general info though

Latest posts

Back