well thats sunday screwed .....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
wondering why the engine was a bit hissy the other day. today coming back from work it started to roar a little. so another exhaust leak somewhere. just had a quick look and found it soon enough, the darn EGR pipe has broken at the join.
so hopefully cuz is home so i can use the workshop tomorrow. there goes the weekend.

and to top it off looks like the DVR hardrive just died to :(

well i might have gotten screwed the bad way !

ute fix was easier than i thought it would.
went out to family members place to use the workshop. got half way there and heard a clunk followed by a ROOOAAAAARRRR, the EGR pipe broke right off. no boost and crawled all the way. fortunately no big hills to go up.

the bolts came undone quiet nicely (makes a change). pulled the whole EGR pipe out and made a blanking plate for the exhaust end.
the EGR pipe is almost half the size of the turbo exhaust inlet!
now the ute is quieter than its ever been. must have been leaking for a while and never heard it over the old mud tires. now got tarseal tires on its quiet as a car!.

now the shit news........ DVR smelt a bit burnt. just pulled it apart to find a HD screw had come loose and fallen in short circuited a few bits. so up for a new one, $1000-1500 worth :(

No No Not at all some may even say that is an improvement (although I've got better manners than most so I wont say it). Just remember that not all the liquid that falls from above is water.

Nice easy fix Tweak'e, good to hear.

So did you completly remove the EGR pipe ?

Dave.

Nice easy fix Tweak'e, good to hear.

So did you completly remove the EGR pipe ?

Dave.

pipe is completely removed. used the broken exhaust end to hold the blanking plate in with and cut off the inlet end bit as its needed as part of the bracket to hold the EGR valve in place.

it had broken off right at the exhaust end weld. probably not heat treated after welding, stainless can go a bit brittle.

driving around this morning its the quietest its ever been and feels and bit snappier on the throttle. that may be why it seamed to drink the fuel a bit quicker last week.

it was blocked off on the intake side only. especially after the trouble i had with getting the dump pipe off i wasn't to keen on removing any more exhaust bits.
luckly the bolts came off nicely, no breaking studs off this time. soaking it with inox the night before may have helped a bit there.

Back