Wet Under Carpet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidano

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
2010 D22 STR 40,000kms
I was putting a new indash sat nav radio with reversing camera yesterday and as a result of getting the camera cable through had the drivers carpet pulled back and found it was really wet. I dont get off road much, so no river crossings ever. it was only in the foot well area not under the seat and went all the way to the door sill.

any one shed any light has me stumped.

Cheers

I think a few blokes have had problems with a air-con related drain in the driver side footwell, i am sure someone who had the issue will be on here soon enough.

Mitch

Do a quick search. There are a few threads saying it could be a heater core or a dodgy grommet. Does it have a smell to it or is it just wet? Apparently heater core leaks will have a smell to them. If not look at all grommets in the floorpan and firewall to see if one has been punched in or got a leak or something?

I personally have not experienced this, these are all ideas which were thrown up in previous threads about the same type problem.

Mitch

Thanks guys ii have had a look at some other threads but they all seem to refer to the D40 not the D22, i had a bit of a look under neath the only thing i thought it could be was a leak between the seat bracket and the bolts that go through the floor pan. It is on the drivers side and not the passengers.
The problem is that i know nissan will see the hole in the firewall for my driving light loom (which i have siliconed up and is high up on the fire wall) and the new hole through a rubber boot under the drivers seat which was already taking some cables through(new hole to take the cable to the reversing camera). And then tell me that this must be where the water is coming from.

There was someone else who had a leak in the drivers side foot well, can't remember if it was a D22 or a D40 but after looking at many possibilities I think they found it was a Nissan grommet leaking in another story someone found the window seal leaking I believe. I had mine over the pits 3 days after I brought it and found a grommet under the seat was pushed in too far and wouldn't seal if I wanted it to, yours could be something as simple as that

If you've bogged up the hole you used for the driving lights Nissan can't just assume that's the leak and palm you off, sure there is some horror stories on bad treatment by Nissan (just like any other manufacturer) but it's pointless saying they wont look past a hole you made without asking them first. If you're confident it's not the hole you made make them look for it until they find something. Check all seals and grommets.

Cheers krafty,
I should stop being so synical as they are putting the new diff in on tuesday, i will ask them to check it out. thanks, I think that i am still scarred from my experiences with trying to get Ford to fix warranty items on utes i have had in the past. They would even try to say that the seat belt retractor is failing because i am a tradie and dirt is getting picked up off my clothes. Good story except the the dirtiest bit of seat belt will never actually retract enough to make contact with the mechanism.

We are all cynical of dealers and their work to some degree and the few horror stories don't help but realistically there is just as many people here with good dealer stories as there is bad, it's just the bad ones travel faster and further. My local dealer is a moron and I barely trust them to open the dealership each morning, but there is atleast one dealer down the road (a fair bit) who I'd probably trust if I had to. Others are luckier than that and have found their local dealers helpful, not sure where you are from but maybe if you don't get success with the leak from your dealer someone else can suggest another dealer close by who they've had success with.

Back