What are use paying for a ARB bar ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That dmax is an honest ute they have had issues with injector's and the pump leaking also excess oil consumption in a few but return useable power and great economy only downside is where the rear springs sit below the chassis very low and easily damaged if i had my time again it's still probably the way i would go

They have pretty good gearing by the looks of it 40:1 in low first imo is pretty good anyway and this is isuzu we are talking about here not yota but any car fitted with a dual mass flywheel is going to go through clutches faster but its a nicer drive so you take the good with the bad...

Yeah, I'm not talking about Low Range here but your normal High Range. Most Manuals these days have poor gearing in 1st gear HIGH range....which results in the clutch issues "if u tow" heavy loads....If you're not towing, then manual would be fine I suppose.....

I test drove one before I bought my new navara and compared to a ranger, amarok or the v6 diesel in the navara it feels under powered and gutless, we had the model before the new dmax and it was alright but nothing special it was always lacking in the power and torque department, the Dmax has always been a step behind the competition, and have always been tradies no frills utes and are not as well designed as the ranger amarok or navara. If I was looking at any ute atm I would consider the vw amarok auto as it gets amazing fuel economy and power, the only reason we bought the v6 diesel over these was because I wanted all the power I could have.

A step behind. Hmmmmmm, like projector lights that the D40 doesn't have, a timing chain that holds up etc.

The Rodeo out sold the Navara, Triton, Bravo and Courier back in the early 1990's.

The only major !@#$ up Isuzu has ever made is the 4JX1 found in the Jackaroo. That was Catapillar's !@#$ up mainly as they designed the fuel injection system.

Looks like they will have to cut around the front bumper section, same as they did for our Prado.... We paid around $2200 for ours to be fitted from memory so I would it would be close to that.... maybe as high as $2400 if they are new.

Do u plan in doing a lot of towing? If so, ask what's the go with clutches (wear & tear). Not sure what the gearing is like but if its like most modern high powered 4cyl TD, then it will probably have a high 1st gear which if towing means early clutch replacement..... I'd be looking at a Auto myself.

Are they Torsion Bar front end or something different? One of the 1st things I'd be doing is installing a 2nd Fuel Filter to protect the fuel system. This is what I've done on our Prado. Installed a Racor 230 2micron filter system which still has a high flow rate as well (>100ltrs/hr). This common rail diesels need CLEAN fuel & I've too many stories of dirty fuel and by the time u know its too late and then the $$$ start leaving your pocket (unless u can prove which Fuel Stn is to blame). Ours has saved us and its also protects against remote refilling where u are most likely to pick up dirty fuel.

They certainly look the goods when done up.... Good luck with your purchase and keen to hear how it performs

Rob

Cheers Rob. Coil front end mate. Bloody over torsion bars.

Going to put a 145L tank in it. Should be able to get a safe 1600km's out of a tank.

That dmax is an honest ute they have had issues with injector's and the pump leaking also excess oil consumption in a few but return useable power and great economy only downside is where the rear springs sit below the chassis very low and easily damaged if i had my time again it's still probably the way i would go

You do realise that the Dmax doesn't run the 4JX1 engine ?

Same block still used, but they run the 4JJ1-TC these days. Different fuel injection system as far as I am aware.

Now now little kiddies lets not get into fights about who's toys are the best :ha:

It's a pointless exercise anyway, all cars are built to a price, all dealers are arseholes, all cars can have problems and all manufacturers will try to get out of an expensive claim if they can and suggesting otherwise is pissing in the wind.

The fact that Dave is a smelly traitor who's hairy knuckles drag on the ground as he walks is ok, we don't have to talk to him anymore.

I just didn't need the hairdresser fit out that the D40 provides.

How's your salon these days Krafty ?

So you got the hairdressers fit out for the Dmax?

There is more money is shaving pussy's, but getting D22 owners in to shave their heads isn't easy.

Why would you did that? Someone suggest you weren't ugly enough?

I got a few jobs on, but I can't be fcuked working too hard at the moment so I'm not looking for much. If someone comes along I look at it but I may not take it. I knocked back one job for IT supplies earlier this week because I'd have to work for about 5 weeks full time and I'm just not that interested right now.

Nah I can't be ****ed working that hard, it just creates more stress, it's tiring and it just gives people a chance to either bitch and moan or demand bullshit they don't deserve.

Maybe parts are cheap as shit because they break so often that owners need incentive to replace them.

Unless you're constantly making the engine work hard then it's a waste of money and working hard isn't 100kph on the highway everyday and a bit of bush bashing on the weekend.

If manufacturers who have done a shit load more testing than the average owner is ever going to put their engine through has decided they can ship them without such parts and not be in fear of having them all come back then why shouldn't the owner feel safe in knowing they don't need to fit such things aftermarket.

Fair point old man.

I am pretty sure they run a water cooled turbo anyway.

Gotta go see Noah mate.

Ill text you Krafty, turn your phone on you rude bastard. Haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I test drove one before I bought my new navara and compared to a ranger, amarok or the v6 diesel in the navara it feels under powered and gutless, we had the model before the new dmax and it was alright but nothing special it was always lacking in the power and torque department, the Dmax has always been a step behind the competition, and have always been tradies no frills utes and are not as well designed as the ranger amarok or navara. If I was looking at any ute atm I would consider the vw amarok auto as it gets amazing fuel economy and power, the only reason we bought the v6 diesel over these was because I wanted all the power I could have.

amarok... isn't that the ute that has only half a gearbox? :wristy:

not to mention that DSG box will die in the ass after only a few years.

I brought the Dmax for the fact I have no doubt their current engine would be the most reliable engine in its class.

A mate is a auto electrician, he warned me to stay clear of the Amarok because of constant gearbox switch issues.

He has fixed many of them.

Fair point old man.
I am pretty sure they run a water cooled turbo anyway.
Gotta go Noah mate.
Ill text you Krafty, turn your phone on you rude bastard. Haha.

To be honest I haven't looked at a Dmax that well since 09 and I only know about the Lux's we broke on the farm but to me a car is a car and while they all have differences each class is pretty much the same. The biggest change is the ego in the drivers seat.

You're getting in a boat with 2 animals of every kind? Sounds like a fun night for you.

My phone is always on, it's whether I choose to answer you that is the issue :ha: I'm going to cook dinner soon anyway so I might respond.

Oh yeah sorry bad memory.

My phone hasn't beeped so I'm not sending anything back to you.

Back