What can i get in my d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc1000

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if any of you know if there is a petrol engine out there that will drop into my 55plate d22. i want to then convert it onto LPG (do u think this is a good idea???) i have seen a 4.2 patrol engine on ebay just wondered if that would fit and if they are a good engine. any help or advice much appriciated cheers chris.

Hey Chris. I'm nor sure the 4.2 patrol motor will fit into a d22. Why not try the faithful V6 VG33 motor that is from a d22. There is a few on eBay and if you got the coin get it rebuilt with aftermarket cams and get it ported. Pretty much rebuild the whole motor with better parts. Good motor and reliable aswell. Apart from that I'm not sure what will fit. Scottybobcat has a LS1 in his I guess you could stick a Ford V8 Motor in it. I heard there is kits for them somewhere.

Goodluck

You wont get a strait 6 in without allot of mods, and unless you want to go through the hell of engineering it all the only way to go is as said the VG33.

thanks guys. am i doing the right thing putting a pertol engine in and converting it or would i be better trying to get more power out of the 2.5 diesel. it just seems that gutless and thirsty

I'm not 100% sure what you want to achieve. Is it fuel economy, power, down low torque? The 2.5 is a good motor. The VG33 is a ripper of a petrol motor has to be the best ive seen but on gas I'm not sure how it goes. Check around on Google and do some study.

If ur worried about fuel economy, do not go petrol!!!
Have a look at some of the chips for ur diesel. Most people are getting upwards of 30% gains with better fuel economy.

Cleasc said:
If ur worried about fuel economy, do not go petrol!!!
Have a look at some of the chips for ur diesel. Most people are getting upwards of 30% gains with better fuel economy.

I second this! My mates vg33 uses around 16L/100km around town. And will go over 20L when towing!

I second this! My mates vg33 uses around 16L/100km around town. And will go over 20L when towing!

Yep, I love my V6 but after all my recent mods I estimate I'm running at around 18l/100km compared to 15l/100km before (nearly stock).

Look at the chips, for less than half the price of an average engine swap you might be pleasantly surprised.

Do the chip,exhaust and induction.It will get up and do then. It would be cheaper for you to sell yours and buy a petrol model if thats the way you want to go and you can put a super charger on it.

Get a chip for the YD25

there is a thread on here about chip it chips for that motor giving 62% increase on the d40 an close to that on the d22. and for around $1000 (i think thats the cost) you cant really go past it.

gutless and thirsty

Compared to?

As others have said before on this forum, chip, exhaust, etc.

Also, you do know that you do not get power until >1,700 rpms? when the turbo cuts in.

OTOH, people do find that it isn't the vehicle to maintain 100km/h whilst getting great fuel economy. If you want the economy, then slow down. applies to every vehicle I've ever had.

As mentioned before for the yd25 d22 motor you can gain 62% of power at the wheel. Have a look at the chip it site and you can get full detail on there. Zd30 would be chip exhaust and intercooler. VG33 hmmm port cam exhaust decent tune. Other will fill you in

This will be the non CRD YD25DDTI.

He is in the UK, checked his IP address out.

I think VG series engines over there would be like hen's teeth.

If you can source one though, go for it.

The US got the VQ35DE in there R50 Pathfinder's, not sure if use did either.

But if use did, go the VQ35DE and then search for a manual to bolt up to it.

Good power, better fuel economy then the VG aswell.

Latest posts

Back