What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Fellas

Well I have taken the ute to the panel beaters today for some much tender loving care:rofl2:
Car was parked at work and another car came through the fence.It caused $7500 worth of damage
So I am getting a new ARB canopy, rear step/tow bar,tailgate and it will getting an all over buff and polish.The best part is I got a hire car while the ute is getting fixed.A Holden Captiva as my kids said a soccer mums car:rofl2:

Shane

Well I picked up the nav from the panel beaters.Came out all good.
Got to keep the ARB rear step bar so if any one wants one pm me about it

Shane

I moved the nav to get the old mans 4.2 troll in the shed to fit the 3" red back system I bought him for his birthday :)

Sick of it running like a dog, so replaced MAF sensor and blocked off EGR.
wait and see how that works. Replaced MAF with VDO one $180 plus freight better than the $492 Nissan in Canberra wanted.

Gave mine a wash and a bit of a detail. Alloy bullbar came up a treat with some tar and spot remover and a healthy dash of elbow grease. Some touch up paint on the sealant between the body and wheel arch flares - badly yellowed and been annoying me for ages.

I've started my chassis swap and have the cab of the Nav sitting on the ground. Making up the body mounts this week and then I'll drop the LS1 into the patrol chassis and start putting it back together. It might get a respray whilst it's all apart too

yeah probs to hold a quad with a roof top tent over it i think

all the hard part has been done chassis etc, finish welding it up tailgate lights etc

just needs to be finished how i want to set it up

changed my inner and outer tie rods, replaced the drag link and the idler arm on the weekend. had a wheel alignment and it now drives straight again!

Removed second start battery completely from the car. Now have room to mount my provent mini catch can and tidy things up. Oil change amd sussed put what i need to do to replace all belts tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be belt change and then modifying y battery box in the tub tp fit the new Kickasa battery when it arrives

Fitted a Provent can kit, wrapped my steel turbo pipe in heatsheild wrap and cut the muffler out of my Redback exhaust and welded straight pipe in there.

Installed Replacement Stebel Magnum Horns!!

Doesn't sound like an asthmatic mouse now!

And ran my battery dead listening to the radio...... Thank christ for the thumper pack!!

Plasti dipped the horrendous ARB checker plating on my side/rear steps :)
Looks mint

Last edited:
Just some pics of the dipped steps

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385935644685.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385935644685.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 114
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385935662130.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385935662130.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 99
pulled the dash and fitted up my Kenwood reversing cam wiring loom to the back of the head unit. gotta get under the truck and get the cable out to the rear bar next

coil spacers and shackles and then a quick track test....looks good but thats all.... standard rear springs and shocks are next after christmas...
new ATZ P3s going on tomorrow the old 4 rib ATZ's have served me well

Mounted my $2 volt gauges off ebay, with slight modifications they fit perfectly in that useless gap. Just need to wire them up to the batteries now :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386655324457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386655324457.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Back