What do you collect..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not off topic I collect fishing gear, I just forgot to mention it in the first post because I looked around here and there is no fishing gear, it's stored elsewhere. Then Jason was after some advice about the collection which someone by the name of BCF might have.

All totally on topic and correct you just have to look outside the square a bit

The Clubhouse is pretty much just general chat, the staying on topic rules are for all the other forums where people go looking for specific info, especially tech info. They don't want to be wading through loads of off topic chat to find what they're looking for.

Anyway, as Krafty said it's just discussing an item that justdrinkbeer said he collects.

Fair enough

Err my last comment was in jest ----- should have added more smillies at the end :big_smile:

Last edited:
You are right though, a lot of threads in the other forums have been going off topic quickly and easily lately. Myself and Dave will be keeping an eye on it.

See how off topic it has all gotten now ------ insert smillies here
Problem with keyboards is that you cant impart inflection to what you type. However if we were indeed standing in a Clubhouse - read as front bar - then you can very easily give somone a ribbing and they understand from the tone and facial expression where you are coming from.
Now we are waaaay of topic

So what does everybody else collect?
Jasons shout by the way

I used to collect stamps and I think my mum probably still has the collection but it wont have been added to for about 20 years. These days my mum collects the stamps that don't get franked at the post office and reuses them though...old people need to save money anywhere they can the government wont look after them

I seem to collec a lot of crap in and behind my shed!!! but nothing of importance, and jason if you wanna go flicking a few soft plastics around give me a yell I have a spare rod and a bag full of plastics, we can jump in the tinny and chase a few flatties

I'm back to collecting fishing gear. New road and reel brought for this weekends trip and of course had to get new line, a few new shark hooks, some lures the usual crap that comes with a visit to a fishing shop. Damn BCF moving in, when Kmart was our best choice for fishing gear the past time cost us very little.

Yeah I've found you can get some bloody good bargains on fishing gear at Kmart, stick to the tackle though, that's where my POS Jarvis Walker reel came from, now resides in the bin.

The biggest problem is that JW and others have been making decent reels and gear for years but for some reason the stuff they allow into Kmart is the worst of their stuff. I've got a JW reel thats over 20 years old and with a bit of TLC still works but buy one from Kmart now days and you're lucky to get 20 mins out of it.

I have never fished with soft plastics, always used fresh/frozen bait. Don't know why I've never tried, probably because they weren't around when I was a kid.

So you just use them in the same scenario's you would use normal bait? No special area's/types of fishing? What's a good general purpose soft plastic? Might give it a go.

Best hunt around fishing mags for techniques to use them, theres a million ways. I like chasing flatties on 4lb outfit, something like a 1/8th oz jighead and a 4" minnow, Pumpkinseed and Nuclear Chicken (god knows who names them) colour Berkely Gulps always seem to get results.

Also seem to collect receipts from tackle shop!

Latest posts

Back