What does this do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navmania

Reaction score
Hi all. I was under the Nav the other day, mine is a D22 08 yd25. And found something that I have know idea what it does. If you look underneath on the inside of the chassis rail on the opposite side to the fuel tank their is a network of tubes weaving back and forward that connect to the fuel tank. Or that's where I think it connects to. It's got me stuffed what it's for. I can't see it being for cooling but it does look like their is provision for something to be bolted to the chassis under that alloy plate where the rubber hose connects to the tubes. Maybe some type of pump? Does anyone know what this is for.

Cheers

They are your fuel lines, when I did my transfer case chain I had to remove the middle section of piping that goes behind the suspension cross member. Most of the fluid leaked onto the ground, it was green and smelt like diesel. Not sure on its purpose though........

They are your fuel lines, when I did my transfer case chain I had to remove the middle section of piping that goes behind the suspension cross member. Most of the fluid leaked onto the ground, it was green and smelt like diesel. Not sure on its purpose though........

Yeah I thought it was fuel. But was unsure of the purpose of back and forward bit. Looks like something can be bolted in under that alloy shield like a pump or something. It's like they put it in then just used the short rubber hoses to make it work for us. I will put some pics up so others can way in. Couldn't see anything in the manual about it.

Cheers

Here are some photos. Fuel cooler. Mmm I was thinking that but didn't know why it would need one since the fuel returns back to the tank.

image-2192200252.jpg

image-1434286215.jpg

Fuel cooler, as above. If you think the rail runs about 20000psi or more it creates a lot of heat. Just having the return line feed back to the tank would end up cooking the pump when the fuel level drops. I haven't looked closely to see if it is on the feed or return side of the pump but it is a cooler anyway...

Thanks guys. Maybe it's on the feed side because the chipit chip rail pressure mod blocks the return completely, so you would think by blocking it we would see more failures for the ones with fuel rail mods due to the heat. Maybe.?

I can't understand why you would want to block the fuel return line
if the "chip" was pushing so much fuel into the engine that it needed to block fuel return,alarm bells would be ringing for me,poor std injectors would be under massive loads
Not only do you need a return line for fuel cooling,the extra pressure put on fuel pump would surely have an effect on the life of pump,all for a few xtra kwatts
There has to be a safer way
Just my opinion
Would like to hear from some one who has one of these fitted

I have one of the valves and not a hole in sight. I have seen an original out and the hole is only small, say 2mm tops. They come with the Chipit chips. I don't like the idea either.

so it doesnt completly block return fuel getting to tank?
thats not so bad
but i still dont like the idea

just a guess. the provision for an attachment could be for a diesel warmer for vehicles being used in colder climates

so it doesnt completly block return fuel getting to tank? thats not so bad but i still dont like the idea

Yeah it's a solid blanking plug it looks like the original but no hole. So no fuel can return. That's what I don't like about it

image-3998467715.jpg

This is it. Pretty much a plug.

image-3521806348.jpg

This is the banjo fitting end that returns to the tank. Completely blocked?

just a guess. the provision for an attachment could be for a diesel warmer for vehicles being used in colder climates

Yeah could be rite. It is definitely set up for something to be fitted there.

Latest posts

Back