What have I got

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
These may seem like ignorant questions, but since I bought my 03 D22 ZD30 STR secondhand, I have no idea what it actually has.

I'll post some engine shots next time I can take some daylight photos, but does anyone have a pic of the engine bay of a std ZD30 STR?

Mine has a Safari snorkel fitted, but I don't know if the filter I have is std; series 80 or something else. there are quite a few holes in the wheel well there so I suspect a different filter has been added. I have bought the EGR blanks but have not fitted them yet so my EGR pipework appears standard.

Finally, how can I tell if my ute has had a lift kit fitted? to me it looks a bit taller than some D22's but again, I have aftermarket wheels and tyres so that could be it too.

Any clues guys?

I'll go out and do the tape measure trick soon. In the meantime, I took some pics in the dark with flash. Mine looks to have the same air filter as yours so must be std I guess, but my intake from the safari is in a different location.

Attachments

• Engine 1.jpg
    Engine 1.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Engine 2.jpg
    Engine 2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Engine 3.jpg
    Engine 3.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 89
The dimension as shown in the pic (holding the tape a bit more centred and vertical than my wife managed to for the pic!) is 730mm.

Attachments

• height.jpg
    height.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 57
Thats the front yeah? I am guessing they are 16inch rims, Standard from factory is 715mm but most guys with a lift wind it up to around 755mm Your in between so either it was wound up but sagged a little and can be wound back up, or was not wound up as far as the 40mm or so most try to achieve. If you measure your rear you will find that it will be 735 standard or up to around 780 with the lifted springs.

Yeah Al, that was the front. And 16" rims is correct.

I'll measure the rear tomorrow after work.
Just out of interest, how do you "wind it back up"?

Thanks for the feedback.
KB

By wind up he is referring to the front torsion bars (front springs) they can be "wound up" or down using a rattle gun, the only problem with winding them up is you lose down travel and will very easily lift your front wheels off the ground when off road, so it is about finding the happy medium of enough clearance but also enough drop in the suspension

Thats the front yeah? I am guessing they are 16inch rims, Standard from factory is 715mm but most guys with a lift wind it up to around 755mm Your in between so either it was wound up but sagged a little and can be wound back up, or was not wound up as far as the 40mm or so most try to achieve. If you measure your rear you will find that it will be 735 standard or up to around 780 with the lifted springs.

Oops - the rear is 720mm, so I'm guessing the springs and shocks are probably sagged or shagged (or both). The front shocks I know have a definite question mark hanging over them.

That was actually part of the reason I was asking about the lift. I was looking on ebay at new shocks but they all seemed to be for vehicles with a lift kit. Was wondering what ones to get?

Cheers
KB

Back