what is stock d40 height

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krunchi

Hey guys,

Can some one with a stock d40 please measure the bottom rim to guard height.

I have a 2 inch lift and i have 760mm, i was told stock is 740mm, means i only have 2cm of lift?

Also does any one know where i can get soem thing to correct camber on a Thai built d40.
It already has adjustable camber bolts stock, pedders told me there are no after market upgrades available, what about ball joint spacers dont they help with that?

Cheers

Search for "spec sheet" and you should find a thread I wrote with all the stock measurements of the D40 for 09 and 10

Your wheel size will make a difference too

I think height is usually measured from wheel center to eyebrow of the guard
On a stock D40 2007 its 501mm front and 538mm rear

Not sure what the Thai models are but think they should be similar

Mine has 40mm lift in front and 50mm lift in rear
bottom of rim measurements are
765mm front and 785mm rear

there are offset lower control arm bushes available from Fulcrum Suspension but they are painfully expensive .

I presume those figures are similar for an 08 spanish built stx?

I am looking at getting a 2 incl lift but mine looks like it already has one with the factory heavy duty suspension.

I will measure it when I go home for lunch.

These are my figures with factory recall heavy duty front springs and standard back leaf springs

.............................................................Front .................Back
Ground to peak of wheel arch ..............880mm...............870mm
middle of rim to peak of wheel arch.......535mm ............. 520mm
top of tyre to peak of wheel arch...........175mm .............150mm
top of rim to peak of wheel arch.............310mm............. 300mm

I am a little worried that buy getting a 2" lift I will not get 2". Is it worth getting a 3" or is the figures I have around about what others with a 2" lift have? I need heavy duty springs on the back as I put a few hundred kilos on the back doing a move a month ago and there was not much clearance under the back rim, so i had to take it easy. So much for their ~700kg payload

The pics look almost like it is already raised to me? Just after an opinion. I have around 2k I was going to spend on it hoping to get it done for me, and then I would install a snorkel myself Taking total mods to 2.5k.

Need to allow also for the following mods in next few years - dual battery system, 160l fuel tank and winch. Missus wont allow bigger wheels.

Thanks for all your help in advance, and if the post does not work quite right it is because I am still learning.

Attachments

• 11022011.jpg
    11022011.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 372
The standard measurements can be found on the RTA website. The measurements there are the figures supplied to the RTA for vehicle certification. Real world figures may vary however.
Road Vehicle Descriptor Online

Thanks for that, it helped a lot

for others the figures provided were from the middle of wheel to top of wheel arch
Front = 516mm
Back = 541mm

conclusion a 2" lift kit would help

Latest posts

Back