what is the single most expensive repair job you've had, and how did you do break it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rear diff/axle. was at scenic rim on a forum meet, and bounced it on a rock. ended up punching a hole in the diff housing. cheapest way to fix was to replace the entire rear axle, $850 delivered from a wreckers, and half a saturday later...

Gear linkage on a FH100 Mishitibus Truck.

Was in a shitty mood approached a corner too quickly for 3rd gear decided instead of slowing down I'd just force it in. Broke the linkage between the stick and the box. Cost the boss $23 for the linkage, 4 hours of mechanics rates, heavy haulage towing company at $350 per hour for 3 1/2 hours and $2.75 per km for the 110km trip, the rent of the replacement truck and the costs of getting it too me at 4am.

Sideswipped a pole in a car park. Cost me $500, cost the insurance company $8000.00

Not in a navara. But I reversed into a tree at cruiser park while recovering a hilux a couple of years ago. The tree fell down and nearly wrote off my patrol. Insurance fixed it. The bill was $18500

Sent from Josh's iPhone using Forum Runner

Bloke in a Hilux ran a red light in front of me once. I wrote the hilux off, and nearly wrote the B2600 off.(The repairer said he did not understand why they repaired the B2600 due cost) Not sure of the total bill, but I guess it was around 80k +. Glad I wasn't him trying to renew his insurance.

This is in the D22 section. So I am assuming this is about D22's.

Probably the dearest in 230,000km''s would be the last kangaroo I hit.

Cost me around $1000 to get the bullbar repaired and powder coated and then a left front headlight as the mounts got damaged.

Want some of these posts moved or not bothered ?

Oh that would be right it's in the D22 section because D22 drivers know anything they can break us D40 drivers can break and spend more on :ha:

not me...my mate nose butted a wall in his BMW M5 last year....$85K damage and still has a vibration in the drive train

kinda puts it into perspective

This is in the D22 section. So I am assuming this is about D22's.

Probably the dearest in 230,000km''s would be the last kangaroo I hit.

Cost me around $1000 to get the bullbar repaired and powder coated and then a left front headlight as the mounts got damaged.

Want some of these posts moved or not bothered ?

this could probably be moved to the main forum or something, should have put it there to start with lol, might get a heap more interesting stories there

I "nudged" the back end of a Lexus. Apparently this is not what "nudge" bars are for. Huh, go figure. lol. Was only in first gear when it happened but still managed to do 5K worth of damage. Thankful for the insurance.

As some of you know already I put my Navara on its lid on a newly grated gravel road.
Cost insurance 60k

Broke a pair of spotlights, cost me personally $1377, plus insurance probably about $6k. I kinda wrote off someone elses subaru brumby ute when i did it, and pushed it into the back of a commodore, and got them stuck together.

^ that would add some cost to the spotties

Especially when it was a cheap set of narva's on my old rodeo. :suicide2:
I'm just glad it had a pretty solid bullbar so when i shoved the other car nothing gave in on mine.

hit another 4wd at low speed. $7500 of damage that insurance covered. damage included intercooler, radiator, headlight, grill, drivers side panel, bonnet and few little things that add up.

a bloke that was working for me (backpacker) was training for muay thai boxing the whole time in oz, went back to the UK through Thailand and had a fight lined up by some training camp there, anyway, he got his leg broken in the fight, with no travel insurance.
He ended up going home with the leg still broken, no plaster or anything as he couldn't afford to get it fixed, doc at home said he was damn close to getting it amputated as it was nearly too badly infected to fix

Bought a light post in my old's single cab courier ute...
He wasn't angry at all... Turns out he hated it and needed a reason to buy a new ute!
Ended up in a d22 = winning

Driving that then convinced me to buy my d40 :D

Had a mercedes coupe get cut off turning onto a highway, he locked up i locked but then the momentum of my tool trailer hit me and i wrote the merc off, oops. Loosend the nuts on my bar and knocked it back into position with a sledgy. Thank god for insurance and a strong d22.

Latest posts

Back