What is this for ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterM

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Spanish STX manual.- 2.5 diesel

Between the battery and the headlight there are two relays and I do not know what they are for - Difficult to access - Wired direct across the battery - Looks like an accessory but I am pretty sure they are genuine Nissan. - Not very large power draw as they only have 7.5 amp fuse

Also below them is a finned aluminum device - Could also be a relay

Anybody know what these are for ?

My reason for the query is that I have a myriad of accessories all wired direct to the battery and I am looking at cleaning up the under bonnet area by fitting another fuse box ( room is another issue)

If it has a Bull Bar fitted from dealer I would take a guess and say there for the parking and indicators in the Bar. The finned device I have no idea. I'll take a look later see if I can shed any more light on it for you.

I have a 2011 Spanish STX manual.- 2.5 diesel

Between the battery and the headlight there are two relays and I do not know what they are for - Difficult to access - Wired direct across the battery - Looks like an accessory but I am pretty sure they are genuine Nissan. - Not very large power draw as they only have 7.5 amp fuse

Also below them is a finned aluminum device - Could also be a relay

Anybody know what these are for ?

My reason for the query is that I have a myriad of accessories all wired direct to the battery and I am looking at cleaning up the under bonnet area by fitting another fuse box ( room is another issue)

Could it be for the factory fitted loom for the fog lights??
im sure your model STX come standard with fogs??

Glow plug relay is down that way. Could be the indicators in the bar - uses the relay to stop the flasher unit from indicating extra load (like when you're towing).

Have you got HID globes anywhere? Lights that flicker as they come on, then build up to max brightness and look stupidly dazzling if you're the oncoming driver? The finned item could be the HID ballast.

Thanks Guys,

I will look further into the lights in the bar idea as I have a genuine Nissan "Envirobar".
If I take out the fuse should prove one way or the other.

Also the finned thing being a glow plug controller makes sense

I have no HID at present - Took them out and put H4 LED globes in - Not really recommended - Good colour but does seem to focus properly - Have lost that sharp cut off

Over the weekend I will see if I can find time to risk a hernia and pull the battery out to have a better look

Peter

Latest posts

Back