What kg rated leafs to choose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnrsnav

Reaction score
Hey people, after some advice from anyone out there that has had a similar issue.

I have installed a 40mm lift consisting of bilstein shocks dobinson coils and king leaves.
Since installing these I have changed my tub to a steel tray with frame and canvas canopy. The rear of the car before hand sat a touch higher than the front but now sits lower and you can feel the weight when driving. The leafs are the lowest kg rating for king springs so the would be "comfort" springs.
They then have 300kg then 500kg.

I have intentions of putting a long range tank, aux batts under the tray maybe water?? And potential towing of an off road camper.

Question is what springs do I go for??? Or do I modifiy the current springs?. Any help would be great

Thanks

You can just add a leaf to your existing set, if you talk to Zordo he will be able to guide you.
I have just recently swapped a set of stock leaves with Mike form this forum who will be doing the same thing, and in fact t was Zordo that helped him out.

I was lucy and ended up with a few beers for the delivery of the leaves, lol

I'd be surprised if you didn't end up with the 500 kg springs with all that weight planned for the rear of the ute... Even unloaded you're gonna have 300+ kg of steel tray and twice the fuel which is enough to convince me that a spring upgrade would be on the cards.

I'd be surprised if you didn't end up with the 500 kg springs with all that weight planned for the rear of the ute... Even unloaded you're gonna have 300+ kg of steel tray and twice the fuel which is enough to convince me that a spring upgrade would be on the cards.

exactly what i told him 2 day ago
Or add some leaves to the exsisting packs
Cheers

Thank you very much guys for all your help!!
Has made me choosing much easier. Have gone with kings again but the extra hd which are 500kg.

Back