What needs to be done to my engine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.murdoch

Reaction score
I have an 06 d22 with a stock engine and 150,000km

I'm looking at spending some money on the car and want to be sure the engine will be ok long term I'm hoping to have the car for another 5 years

I had the car for 50,000km and always done the oil every 10,000

What should I look at doing I don't want to spend a fortune

Thanks

Keep doin what your doin.

Regular fluid changes are a must. And keep listening to your car so when/if it starts to make and different sounds you can get onto the problem.

Thats what I do anyway. If its not broken dont fix it.

Make sure your turbo is getting checked for any ware or play when services are done.

Mate it all depends on your confidence in your own ability if you can tackle anything go for it but anything beyond you leave to the pros.

The main destroyer of any motor besides neglect is the fact that most fluids lose there lubricating qualities over time another reason to look after your wife or partner but that aside i believe in oil changes every 5k.

That is personal and my choice but if you have limited knowledge at least every 20k take it to a good mechanic it's better than breaking down because of neglect.
John

On the engine side of things. Oil filter and engine oil every 5000K's some may say that is overkill. Fuel filter every 10,000K's. Keep an eye on things like belts and hoses. Things that could leave on the side of the road. Any doubts replace them and keep the oldies as spares. A lot Depends on what the previous service history is like.

Block the exhaust gas recirculation off and fit an oil catch can. There's stickys for both.

I also change the oil every 5k. My 04 ZD30 has now done 245,000, or just over and have been doing it every 5k since I've had it (124,000 kms). Still going strong and can't fault it.
My father in law is a diesel mechanic on earth moving equipment and say's it is vital to have clean oil, clean air and clean diesel. If you have those three things then what else do you need to do.
I haven't looked into the EGR, but will have to look into it... that is if it has one....?

fitted a snorkel and blocked the egr and changed the piping.

afted doing the mod a few people have said its a bad thing a few say its good i guess i will leave it and hope for the best.

im looking at exhausts and chips but dont think i will worry

i will be making a catch can at work in the next week or so

anything else worth looking at.

My 05 has 270000k on it of mostly towing, nav goes to my mechanic every 10000k , oil and filter every 10000k and fuel filter every 20000k, checks fluid levels, belts and wheel bearings etc, ive fitted a catch can but have not blocked the egr. Ive owned the car for the last 160000k, never had a problem.

fitted a snorkel and blocked the egr and changed the piping.

afted doing the mod a few people have said its a bad thing a few say its good i guess i will leave it and hope for the best.

im looking at exhausts and chips but dont think i will worry

i will be making a catch can at work in the next week or so

anything else worth looking at.

who said the erg butterfly mod was a bad thing?

the provent 100 catch can is about $100 and pretty worthwhile.
probably be better than making one.

exhaust would be worth re-looking at, but if your handy buy a dump pipe and diy the rest will work out pretty cheap or look at xforce brand.
i personally wouldn't spend grand.

an intercooler would be number 1 to look at.

I'm starting to think about boost guages but don't know we're to start

Can I get the guages and mount off eBay?

I am a diesel mechanic and there is absolutely no need to change your oil an filter every 5,000 km's. The "stealerships" only brought that in to get more money out of people, the only time you need to do it every 5,000 kms is if you operate your vehicle in extremely adverse conditions. Its a waste of money and more importantly oil.

Latest posts

Back