What size hard pipe? STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Intercooler pipe has split on my STX 550, as have many others, although my dodgy repair job is holding up at the moment, I don't know how long for. Nissan don't have a replacement off the shelf either.
So I'll have to do the hard pipe, been wanting to anyway do its a good excuse really.
The pipe from turbo-intercooler looks to be several different sizes, can anyone tell me which size to use, and what the effect will be if I use too small, or too large a pipe, at this point I'm looking at doing it in 2 1/4" off the turbo, into 2 1/2" to the cooler, thinking i'll do all the way to the turbo and get rid of those baffles etc.

Also, Aluminium or Stainless? As in get one of those eBay kits or get en exhaust shop to do it properly? (think I just answered that one)

Rich

Hey how long after you bought it has it done this? If it's likely to happen to all of them let me know how you go replacing everything and I will do the same as preventative maintenance ...

Sinista said:
Hey how long after you bought it has it done this? If it's likely to happen to all of them let me know how you go replacing everything and I will do the same as preventative maintenance ...

Hey mate, had mine about a year , 21,000km, seems like a lot of them are having the same problem, there's a thread on here about it.

When I get it sorted I'll let you know how I go, prob get an exhaust shop to make it up so others can get the same thing

Ahh yeah ill ask Nissan about it next time its due for service see what they have to say. A solid intake just sounds like a MUCH better idea to begin with. Might even look into a larger intercooler when I get into it haha

I think that stainless IC piping should be on all D40s, not that rubber hose thats there. But i suppose that air is forced through at that point not sucked so as long as it has a good enough psi rating then it wouldnt matter.

Back