What Tires ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, what tire brand names are yous running ? my son is needing a new set of 4 x 265 /70 /16 A/T tires and doesn,t really want to pay the earth for the high end brands , approx 90% on road and 10% beach stuff no major off road .

guys, what tire brand names are yous running ? my son is needing a new set of 4 x 265 /70 /16 A/T tires and doesn,t really want to pay the earth for the high end brands , approx 90% on road and 10% beach stuff no major off road .

Tell your son to have a look at Maxis, not expensive and last well.

Maxxis 980. Really happy with them. Had cooper st maxx previously, these maxxis outperform them in every aspect.

Hankook Dynapro AT M hands down.
I paid $223 a corner. 70/30
I have travelled over 80 000kms on mine and they have only worn half way down.
Have a look at my ride thread in the link below to see pics.

thanks Tony, great build thread aswell. i will see what prices i can get on these tires. edit; $229 per tire at Jax Tires.

Last edited:
I dare say the maxxis 980 and the Hankook ATM are probably the two unsung heroes on the market.
The maxxis probably more aggressive, but the Hankook got nicer side lugs.
Cant get over the maxxis, amazeballs in the wet, doesnt hate mud - sheds well, just grips all over the place.

I just had yokohama GO12 GEOLANDERS fitted. $297 ea for 265/75/16 LT. They come with a "HAZARD guarantee" that will replace new for old up to 25% worn and pro rata after that even if damaged off road. AND ATM they have a "buy 3 get & the forth one free" promotion. Got them at Bob Janes

The maxxis 980 bravo are one Amazing tire handle any conditions I have thrown at them, wet, mud, sand and rock :) haven't had snow yet as it doesn't show where I'm located

General Grabber AT2 - excellent value for money (around $240 per corner for 265/75 R16) and will see 100 000Km out of them - I run these on my Dmax however - my D22 has BFG AT's fitted

BF Goodrich is the best AT there is, easily. KO at least since i havent seen the new ones yet.
Bridgestone Dueler AT's were also nice but terrible in wet roads or mud. not very agresive but gave good milage and very quiet on road.

abit over priced [ BF Goods ] just bought a set of Hankook Dynapro AT,s at $229 a piece, great tread pattern and depth also very quiet on the tar.

Latest posts

Back