What to do next

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legend489

Reaction score
I am at a loss of what to do to my 07 RX D40 Auto next.

I already have

ARB deluxe bar
Nissan side steps
Nissan tub Liner
Nissan Snorkel
Hayman Reese tow bar
GME UHF & Arial
Couplertec system
Kuhmo 265/70/16 AT
Spare set of 5 black steel rims
RAW suspension lift

I want

1. Underbody guards (done)
2. Side steps with brush bars (done)
3. Rear bar that allows me to keep the current tow bar
4. Winch (done)
4. Chip (mostly for economy but the extra power would be nice) I need to reread the chip comparo by 4wd action when i get home to see which gave the best increase in economy. (I have read every post I can find by chipit before anyone tries to tell me to use the search function).
6. Spotties, most likley going to get the NARVA 225 from TJM which are special for $295. (done)
7. Greasable Shackles for the rear leaf springs as they squick when I have anything in the tub
8. Tie down point on the tip of the tub, some thing like this (dont like having to reach in to the tube when it is full to tie off ropes)Ute Tie Downs - Bushranger
8b. Also thinking of putting a checker plate cover over the lips of the tub.

The only time it has been offroad in 2.5 yrs was to fraser island last year as i have always been worried about damaging my new car plus I work long hours so dont get a lot of time but I really want to use the car to its full potenial. Love to fish so hopefully will get a lot of beach work.

Thinking of doing Spotties and tie down points next, what are your thoughts?

Just because I don't need it doesnt mean I don't want it.

Last edited:
Just because I don't need it doesnt mean I don't want it.

Agreed! :big_smile:

However... if you plan to spend any time off the beaten track then I strongly recommend front and rear bash plates - We regularly say a little pray for the bash plates when out there on the tracks. The rock sliders have been the other money saving investment its a good feeling when you hear a crunching noise and know that its only the steel protection making that horrible noise and not the 'soft underbelly of the ute'.

Na, go for this next.

beer_taps_car.jpg

Love the beer taps where can i get them? Has to have XXXX GOLD on it though.

Have been to TJM at Coopers Plains this morning and the following are being fitted on Friday

Side steps with Brush bars - $775 + $155 fitting
Narava blue combo 225 - $295 + $160 fitting

Also ordered bash plates and the guy assures me that if you know what a spanner is you can fit them yourself.

Front guard - $200
Transmission guard $220

Hummed and Hrrrrrddd about the 9500lb OX winch and even got the guy to $1100 fitted but I just can't justify that yet.

Whislt I was trying to work out in my head what to tell the boss about my early morning purchase the guy came down in price 3 times only by about $200 total but better $200 in my pocket than theirs (would have been $320 if I got the winch).

Next I think it will be the chipit ship which seems to have awesome after purchase support as well as great price and easy install for mug like me, will have to ponder it over the weekend.

Winches are bloody handy, but they don't get used too often. They also add a fair bit of weight to the front of the vehicle, having said that, I'm fitting one to my D40. What about front and rear air lockers and a lift?

bash plates,
G'Day mate where did you get the bash plates from? I'm wanting to get a set but just want the best value for money.
Look forward to hearing from you
Blacky

Hello again,you mentioned you were going to get a new rear bar but wanted to use the existing toe bar, have your been able to find anything that would work? I have the same problem and just think it's a waist having to get rid of a perfectly good toebar.

if your after a rear bar that uses the existing tow bar scottybobcat is going to be making up sliders, rear bars and bullbars for d22 and d40's that will be exactly what you want

Winches are bloody handy, but they don't get used too often. They also add a fair bit of weight to the front of the vehicle, having said that, I'm fitting one to my D40. What about front and rear air lockers and a lift?

Already got a 2in lift, but can anyone tell me what a locka setup is worth for a D40?

bash plates,
G'Day mate where did you get the bash plates from? I'm wanting to get a set but just want the best value for money.
Look forward to hearing from you
Blacky

Have not picked them up yet but I ordered them from TJM at Coopers Plains, price seemed good compared to others I have seen on here.

Hello again,you mentioned you were going to get a new rear bar but wanted to use the existing toe bar, have your been able to find anything that would work? I have the same problem and just think it's a waist having to get rid of a perfectly good toebar.

So far the only option is to have a custom one made and that seems to be priced the same as buying a rear bar/tow bar combo. As ONLOCK said scottybobcat on the forum is about to start making thier own so might put that on the backburner for now and see what he comes up with.

Have knocked a few things off my list and time to start saving for the next mod.

Think I need to add a couple of items to the list, recovery kit and a under body spray of some kind any suggestions on which recovery kit and what to spray underneath with?

Latest posts

Back