What Tyres?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hodgy01

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've got a 2006 D22 and I need to replace the tyres on her but I'm not sure what to get. Im up in th NT and do a bit 4WDing and towing the boat but mostly on road any suggestions? I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Regards
Hodgy

Maybe a set of duelers (697) or scorpion ATR? should be able to get either in 265/70/r16 for about $279 a corner fitted.

If you want the better brands (BFG, MickeyT ect) expect to pay like $340 or so a corner, I'd tell you to get BFG ATKO but they are pretty expensive, although you didn't say a budget so...

i just put a set of hancook dynapro mts. there about an 80/20, i payed 1400 fitted for all five... and they are a 265/70 muddy!!!
first muddy iv found with standard tire size... their quite, apparently wear well and pretty very good on and off road..

I am currently running bfg all terrains in 265/75 and they offer very good grip on and off road. I paid $340 a tyre. I believe they are good for 70,000k plus

I'm running Mickey T 4ribs. Been on for about 15k still got a good 12-14mm tread depth. Got them for $310 each. I find them grippy on the road and equally as good off road. The only problem I have with them is that if you let them below 20psi in the mud the beads get mud jammed in there and give you slow leaks- but I assume that would be a problem with any tire without bead locks.

Hi I agree with bradsta, I have the same tyre on my 06 d22 and love them. I've done 63000 so far and I reckon I'll get another 20000ks. Little noisy if not balanced but getting them again. Great off road but most of my driving is freeway

I'm running Mickey T 4ribs. Been on for about 15k still got a good 12-14mm tread depth. Got them for $310 each. I find them grippy on the road and equally as good off road. The only problem I have with them is that if you let them below 20psi in the mud the beads get mud jammed in there and give you slow leaks- but I assume that would be a problem with any tire without bead locks.

I have never had mud do that to my bead.... Even when I had my jeep running 35s I could let them down to around 8 psi with out bead locks and never had mud get in.

I am in the process now of looking around with the idea of replacing the OME set of tyres on my D22 after 45k's.

For about 6 Months I was running Falken LA AT Tyres on the Front and a set of Cheap Jap 4x4 Tyre on the rear of the SsangYong Musso Dual Cab, but sadly did not get a chance to compare wear time as I only had the SsangYong for another 7 months before I ended up buying my D22, and for the life of me I have not been able to remember the Brand of Tyres I had fitted to the rear of the SsangYong, which I found better off-road capability then the Cooper AT Tyre's that were fitted for a year or two from when I brought the SsangYong back in 2007.

ATM, I am swaying towards a set of Falken WILDPEAK A/T Tyres

Back