What UHF are you using?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a GME also. the remote head unit made for an unobtrusive install and it all works excellent. check my pic in members rides. Am interested in trying to pick police channels though. how do you get them?

I just bought a Uniden UH400SX in the 80, works well, has the same features as my old TX4400 I had in the Nav, I was going to grab another GME but for the $200 price difference I went the Uniden, I'm all for Australian made when they are competitive on price, but nearly double is a joke.

I've got the GME 3440 with the buttons on the microphone. works a treat and means I didn't have to find space to put the unit. Really happy with it.

I have a Uniden 015 with the scanner with a solid glass arial! I have Police/Fire/Ambo's Cant go 2 seconds without hearing something.
I also get phone calls from cordless home phones wich can be fun... and weird at the same time.
I also have a GME AM cb under the cd player with a 6 foot one piece ariel. Good for Fox hunts :D

I'll go out there tomorrow and write all the channels i have set for you guys. I'd do it fo you guys now but my boy heres the Beep Beep of the alarm and thinks i'm going some where and chucks a woobly :D
But i will do it.

I'll go out there tomorrow and write all the channels i have set for you guys. I'd do it fo you guys now but my boy heres the Beep Beep of the alarm and thinks i'm going some where and chucks a woobly :D
But i will do it.

Cheers mate, appreciated.

Try these.
Now these were the best ones working today under my shed in browns plains. some are ambo's fireys and police. One is ippy police too. But all were crystal clear to me. Give it a go and let me know how you go.

Good old Uniden UH088 Sundowner for me! Does the job and fits in nicely with the CD player.

Guido

Last edited:
Try these.
Now these were the best ones working today under my shed in browns plains. some are ambo's fireys and police. One is ippy police too. But all were crystal clear to me. Give it a go and let me know how you go.

Put them in this afternoon, heard a little bit, 466.850 was busy.

I can pick up noise on quite a few channels but it just sounds like someone is keying the mic over and over, no voices, anyone know what that is?

Edit: This page indicates that a lot of these channels are digitally encrypted. Answered my own question :p

Last edited:
simple little uniden UH012sx with elevated whip, unit fitted neatly in centre console under cupholder,nice and neat and away from prying eyes

I use a Simoco remote head unit, it can be programmed via a PC up to 1000 channels and tunable from 1 to 25 watt, 25 watt is illegal in UHF CB so it is maxed at 5 watt. I have all the UHF chanels in, VicRoads chanels in too as they attend crashes and road blocks in Melbourne so I can find out "Why I am doing only 5 k's an hour on a freeway" and work out alternative routes. In addition it has CFA channels, DSE and SES and police country regions (Rural in Vic have not gobe digital yet). The CFA, DSE and SES I can also transmit and is only there if I get so lost I need real help as I tend to do a lot of stuff alone while out hunting. There are some private chanels in it as well. I also carry a portable UHF that also has the private channels so the car and myself can still talk with a degree of "Not disturbing anyone else". I have another Simoco as well, two units can be hooked up to run a portable repeater unit, that will be done in the near future, in effect the car then acts as the repeater coming in on one channel and transmitts on another which give considerable range. The aerial is a GME, white fibreglass job about 6.5 db gain. I can usually talk in a straight line about 8 to 10 ks on UHF.

Am I passionate, not really, just have learnt that good comms in the Auzzie bush is a life saver.

Put them in this afternoon, heard a little bit, 466.850 was busy.

I can pick up noise on quite a few channels but it just sounds like someone is keying the mic over and over, no voices, anyone know what that is?

Edit: This page indicates that a lot of these channels are digitally encrypted. Answered my own question :p

Mine are all still working, I go to higher ground and do a search and i get alot more, from shopping cnter sercuity and the greenbank rsl bouncers lol ...Taxi's haha wich is realy funny because the controler gets very pissed off with them lol.

Just finished installing a Icom 440. Now I just need to work out all its features. Nice install as there is no visible signs of the head unit as it is mounted under the drivers seat. I am very happy with how it all went together.

Latest posts

Back