What's Basic Good Set Up For A 2014 Navara D22?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's Basic Good Set Up For A 2014 Navara D22?

Already got these things fitted:

A canopy
Tint
Ultimate Corrosion Control Pack
Steel bull bar
Spotlights
UHF Radio 80 channel and 6db antenna
Dual batteries that came stock standard
Diesel Snorkel
Twin 12v accessory outlets in rear tub
Rear extended diff breather , filter to front diff , transfer case and gear box fitted
Front bash plate

Last edited:
If it's a 2014 straight off the sales yard lot with 2x Batteries fitted Standard, be very carful. it's probably not a Dual Battery Setup as you might be thinking it is as such, but 2x Cranking batteries to start the engine.

If the Salesman has told you you can connect accessories up to one battery and still have the second battery to start your D22, this is probably not the case, you will probably find the two batteries are not isolated from each other

But around 2009/10 the D22's started coming out with Dual Cranking Batteries, theses were / still are I believe not isolated from each other, so if you go connecting accessories up to one thinking you will not run down the engines cranking battery, then sorry you may find yourself with two flat batteries and unable to start your D22.

for a short time in 2011/12 they ran a limited edition D22 which only had a single battery

But around 2009/10 the D22's started coming out with Dual Cranking Batteries, theses were / still are I believe not isolated from each other, so if you go connecting accessories up to one thinking you will not run down the engines cranking battery, then sorry you may find yourself with two flat batteries and unable to start your D22.

for a short time in 2011/12 they ran a limited edition D22 which only had a single battery
Not so much a "limited edition" but they had floods in Thailand and sourced them from Japan during that time, which only have 1 battery fitted...

As above though, the batteries are the same size and rating and connected in parallel, to give more cranking power in cold climates.

It is very easy to fit a solenoid type isolator and split them up. I have had mine like this for about 3 and a half years and never had any problems with the setup. I did recently change the starting battery to a century ns70 though, because it was starting to sound a bit average cranking over with a cold motor after sitting for a few days.

I have the 2011/12 Limited Edition, brought in Jan 2012. Over 110,000k's with original cranking battery, knock on wood . . . still turning over strong

Fair enough... they do have a bigger battery in them than the thai built ones though as far as I'm aware...

I would be doing the EGR blank and catch can as soon as possible. Then like bods has said, better suspension and tyre's.

And new battery and isolator again...

Just for you Marty hahahahah

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413616045729.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413616045729.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 95
  • uploadfromtaptalk1413616079566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413616079566.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
And boost and egt gauges...

If you feel the need...