Whats this pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steedjo

Reaction score
Hey, I was looking at my nav wondering how to get more air into it, and saw a pipe. When i pulled it off it, all it seemed to be doing is putting exhaust fumes into the air pipe. Any ideas? Photo is not off my car

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 116
Google "EGR" and "PCV" and you should be able to collect a good understanding of all the pipes that feed into your intake.

Google "EGR" and "PCV" and you should be able to collect a good understanding of all the pipes that feed into your intake.

I have done the egr mod and it is on the other side of the engine. All it was doing was recycling used diesel by the looks of it into the air cleaner. I disconnected it, will this do any harm? cant see how it would if it is just sending used fumes back into the engine.
I did also leave the end that was ejecting what looked like the exhaust fumes open, should it be blocked or left hanging?

Last edited:
you need to fit a catch can, otherwise they tend to blow oil out the pipe over the engine bay and onto the road. please don't pour oil on the road.

vented it to air is technically illegal in ozzie, tho i'll you guys discuss that.
vented to air can mean you get oil smell in the cab. some people route the pipe down low to avoid that.

DO NOT BLOCK IT otherwise you will pressurize the crank and blow all the oil seals.

what Tweake said is spot on. A catch can will solve both problems - fouling your intake and keeping it legal.

Latest posts

Back