wheel clearances

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Reaction score
recently got some 265/75/16 mickey t atz 4 ribs put on the nav. ive got a two inch lift but i noticed some scrubbing on the mud flaps so i trimmed them down. i figured this would stop the scrubbing but i still hear a noise on full lock on the passenger side. on closer look with the car stationary i noticed that the right front clears the guard by about 15mm but the left one only misses by about 5mm. is this just a wheel alignment issue or is there some sort of adjustment in the control arms which would cause one wheel to be further forward than the other? or am i likely going to need to take more meat out of one guard

Hey mate.

I have 32s on mine. I removed the guards, but noticed my passenger side rubbed on the inside plastic guard. I'm not sure if it's common, or just your and my passenger sides have something wrong with them.

Mine had been balanced and aligned not long ago.

Would be interested in hearing the results.....

VB

I thought maybe if I wound up the t bars a little it might clear the mud flap because I'm more worried about the metal behind the mudflap taking chunks out of the tyre now that I've trimmed the inside of the mudflaps back.

I already wound mine up so I have a two inch lift, and it still rubbed at the same spot everytime I turned the wheel about 3/4 lock to the left. I removed the plastic covering the actual guard and did some light panel work on it - bashed the sharp edges down. Now it never rubs. I put the plastic back on after, just make sure that sits back down flush to the new shape of the guard/arch.

VB

Think mines the same from memory. One side is closer then the other. Cant remember what side or how much though.

I trimmed the mud flaps and heated the plastic behind the mud flap where the cuts were made, molded/pushed it back in further if that makes since. Just used a small blow torch.

Back