Wheel nuts come loose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced my three broken studs today....What a job?

Pulled it all apart at work this morning. Had to get the rattle gun onto the brake caliper. Super tight. Pressed out the hub assembly from the rotor. Pressed in the new studs. Reseated the bearings. Bit of extra grease and its all back together. No play in the bearings.....

Need new front brakes too i realise. Replacing the rear ones at the same time.

Shout out to NIZZBITS for providing me the parts.

One job after the other.........

one of my mates does alot of work for the rallies, so i trust his mechanic skills a whole heap. as i've been taught and told (and haven't had any dramas with yet):

i've always got a breaker bar, torque wrench and socket set in the car, so getting nuts off and on is no dramas. i always torque the nuts up to 75 foot/pound and re-torque them after about 50km of driving. and i always torque them up in a 1-4-5-2-3-6 pattern.

it also helps to slap a bit of anti-seize onto the threads to help with them with not seizing.

Fitted some D22 STR rims on my Terrano just before Easter. Since then I have been to Tassie and this weekend to Wanagatta, and travelled to work a bunch of times. Tonight on the way home I noticed some noise / vibration in LHF. Pulled up only to find the wheel nuts loose, tightened them and proceded to check all 4 corners and found them all "not tight".... Must have done 5 000 kms since they were fitted... Any suggestions ?

Back