Wheel studs - where from?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
After hearing a couple of stories this week of broken wheel studs and lost wheels in the remote outback, I'm thinking of grabbing some 'just in case spares' for a red centre trip in a couple of weeks.

Where is the best place to grab some spares? A quick google search didn't find much. Do the studs need to be specific to a 2006 D40, or will any Navara stud work? Will super cheap or similar stock what I need? cheers

Hey Fisher most of those failures are caused by impact wrenches with an enthusiastic operator, they simply apply excessive torque to the stud.
HJ

Hey Fisher most of those failures are caused by impact wrenches with an enthusiastic operator, they simply apply excessive torque to the stud.
HJ

Yes, I've heard that. Trouble is, there is no way to determine whether the current studs have had that excessive torque. I found 3 x studs today at the local Sprint Auto - only $6.00ea.

Might be cheaper to buy them from Nissan?

I was just reading about a bloke on another forum who bought 5 studs from Mitsubishi today and they cost him $4.90 each.

Might be cheaper to buy them from Nissan?

I was just reading about a bloke on another forum who bought 5 studs from Mitsubishi today and they cost him $4.90 each.

Thanks Joe - Cheaper from Nissan?? Maybe but very doubtful given the mark-up on everything else :) I'm just relieved there is no difference between the Thai and Spain built - its about the only thing that is!

Latest posts

Back