Which Canopy??? Or got something different...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrootStik

Reaction score
Hey guys

So I'm in the process of looking for a canopy. I'm thinking that there is entry more positives to having a canopy for me, than not having one.
I was really interested in the ARB one that they don't make for D40. Pretty sure it's the Ascent?
With that not happening I was wanting to know what canopies out there is everyone using. Are they good, are they crap? There is a hell of a lot out there, and the market is forever changing.

Another route I was looking at was getting a steel frame made up and going the canvas cover way. I'm thinking this might give me a little bit of best of both worlds???

Any info or even pictures would be awesome guys.

Thanks

I've got a Carryboy and really like it. It's got awning sides so is really easy to get gear out each side. It came with the car so I'm not sure on the price side of things. I also like the look it gives as it's level with the cab.

Nick.

Ive got the arb rough finish with the arb tradesmen rack best investment really like it and like that the way it looks on the ute

Not the best pics

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1442524335038.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1442524335038.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 127
  • uploadfromtaptalk1442524375838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1442524375838.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 152
I was looking a the razorback canopy. Bloody pricey at about $3500-$4000 depending on what kind of side windows. Quality looks amazing though and is steel! Also don't mind the EKO canopy at trek 4x4.

I was looking a the razorback canopy. Bloody pricey at about $3500-$4000 depending on what kind of side windows. Quality looks amazing though and is steel! Also don't mind the EKO canopy at trek 4x4.

You'll be needing new leafs with one of them haha

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442526945.657489.jpg

I picked up a second hand arb canopy. Both lift up with internal bars. $1200.

+ 1 fit kit from arb

And saved myself thousands over a new one, don't mind the color either

Yeah that a steal!
Really undecided hey. So many options. I want something strong and reliable!
I just can't really justify $4000 for a canopy as good as they look!

i thought the canopies were priced around the 2.5k mark not 4k mark. keep an eye on Ebay as they pop up quite often , just be carefull of the wrecking yard dealers on ebay as they want the earth for there half worn out junk.

I got a crown fibreglass canopy fitted when I bought mine. Cost about $2545. The upsides are it's rated to carry just over 100kg while moving so I can put the rooftop on it. The fibre glass is what is rated for the load so you don't lose treat space to bars. The racks are attached to the fibre glass. It's got lift up sides and back. Which can be a draw back if you're in and out all the time as each window has two keys each. I work out of the thing which means I'm forever locking/unlocking two separate locks. The other thing I've found is the side windows can travel front to back but are held in place by a small piece of plastic held down by a screw which doesn't have a lot of bite and can come loose. The only way the fitters could reattach it was with some glue and now I need to watch it when I open so I don't break it again. I suspect this is due to the assembly by the fitters so mightn't be a problem on all of them. Over all I love it though.

uploadfromtaptalk1442575110941.jpg that's a picture of it. You can probably see how the bars mount to the canopy basically they're just two bolts per bar through the fibre glass.

I have an Alpha canopy, bought it from Caddy Storage in Perth, there are dealers over east http://utecanopies.com.au/

I picked up the CME-W, beautiful canopy! Carpet lined inside and the side windows have 1 lock, so much easier than 2! Rear window is more like a car door with its construction, very solid.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442619787.658888.jpg

Have the Flexisport on my King Cab. Very happy with it but you'd want to be, it's expensive. Has what you would expect in this price range. Central locking that integrates with the truck's. LED lighting, carpet lined. All the fittings look of high quality. Takes 100 Kg's on the roof.

One of the really nice things about it it fits so well to the truck, look's part of it, like it was made that way in the first place. Even the side glass is up swept slightly at the rear just like the suicide door windows.

Cost 4 grand neat fitted. I was going to trade and buy a wagon but would of lost so much on the Nav this was a cheaper alternative.

Latest posts

Back