Which d40 which kW output

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owen Plum

Reaction score
This is my first post. I have a 08 Stx manual since new. What is the kW output on this as I have seen some are 128kw and some are 140kw. I know mine is Spain built from the vin and arial location on roof. Did they change from a certain date or is the difference between Spain and Thai built.

Welcome to the forum.

Yours is the 126kW/403Nm engine. In 2010, Spanish cars got the 140kW/450Nm engine, Thai builds got the 126kW engine and in 2011, Spanish cars had both 140kW (4cyl) and 170kW/550Nm (6cyl) diesels. Production of the D40 dual cabs in Thailand ceased in 2012, I think (I might be wrong on that detail).

By looking at the motor what are the differences that can be seen for future reference. I remember when I blocked off my egr I was going off some photos from this forum and I saw that the exhaust pipe with the egr was a different location to the photo and that was what got me thinking. Mine comes across the front of the motor where others looked to be on the side.

The 450 also runs higher rail pressure than the previous model and as Tony said the heads have larger ports and a tad more compression and a different ecu.

Every EGR pipe has to cross sides on the motor - exhaust is always on the other side to the intake. The path is sometimes different - I think one of the D22s has the EGR pipe going around the back. Most D40s have a pipe around the front, with two rubber hoses connected at the front of the engine (water cooling). The V6 is different - the EGR is taken from the exhaust just before it enters the turbocharger, is run through quite a large cooling unit and then passed up to the top of the V to the EGR valve where it sits at the rear of the intake manifold.

The visual differences between the YD25 versions are minimal. The turbocharger in the later model sits lower and doesn't have a single rubber hose on the actuator, but the remainder of the engine looks (outwardly) the same.

Latest posts

Back