White smoke, hard to start when facing down hill

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more than likely its just air being sucked into the fuel. forms a bubble when turned off. depends on where the air bubbles sits, it can reduce injection timing which causes the white smoke. once air is pushed out it runs fine.

common thing is fuel filter seals or injection pump seal.

Have you checked the glow plugs to make sure they are actually working? It would still be worth removing the injectors and having them cleaned and the crack pressures set to make sure they are working properly. If its craning for a bit longer and white smoke on a cold start I'd be suspecting glow plugs not working properly. It could be one or more dead plugs, the actual control system not working or a blown fuse, broken wire somewhere, etc. If know where the power rail for the plugs is, just check with the key on engine off to see if there is power at the rail. If you have power it would be a good idea to pull them out and see if they look worn out.

Let us know how you go anyway

checked the glow plugs and 2 of them were not working. replaced them and this has seemed to stopped the white smoke. Still doing the long crank thing though. When i get some money i'll get the injectors serviced. can anyone recommend a good place in brisbane to ge this done?

one common trap is reusing the old seal on the water sensor end. the come with a new seal so make sure you use it.

Latest posts

Back