'Whooshing' noise just started

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate mine did that last week it was the hose across the top of the motor i first thought it was my boost gauge hose but it wasnt

Here are some photos of the pipe just before the turbo that blew on my D22 making the very noise you describe.

Attachments

• DSCN8409.jpg
    DSCN8409.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN8410.jpg
    DSCN8410.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN8411.jpg
    DSCN8411.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 85
You guys were right on the money. Thanks for the pics Chartrock - that's the one!

I popped the bonnet to have a look this afternoon and there was the hose sitting there with a big split down the back of it. At least it's nice and easy to get to and should be a cheap fix!

Thanks again gents - this is a great forum.

Cheers,

Russ

Thanks for letting us know the out come.
Even though that means i lost the bet with FB.......
Would it be possible for you to delete the outcome and re type in that it was the loose bolt like i suggested...... :rofl2:

Would it be possible for you to delete the outcome and re type in that it was the loose bolt like i suggested...... :rofl2:

Ummm . . . okay I ran the spanners over all the underbonnet nuts, bolts and fasteners whilst I was under there and nipped a couple that weren't quite up to the recommended torque values - one of them may or may not have been on the turbo.

(How's that mate?)

You lose

Ummm . . . okay I ran the spanners over all the underbonnet nuts, bolts and fasteners whilst I was under there and nipped a couple that weren't quite up to the recommended torque values - one of them may or may not have been on the turbo.

(How's that mate?)

Thanks mate, But it looks like he has seen your post already...... the jig is up....

Thanks for your help gents. The ute's back on the road without the 'whoosh' thankfully.

I went to the local Enzed franchise and bought a 200mm length of the 60mm ID blue silicon hose so I cut one from that and now have a spare.

It's quite pricey that stuff, but then I guess the genuine Nissan one would be as well! It worked out to be $72 for the 200mm length - ouch!

Cheers,

Russ

Latest posts

Back