will 2.5 inch exhaust make it much better

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onecap

Reaction score
Hello ...would i get much of an increase in power with the 2.5 inch exhaust ,at the moment i have a 2004 3 litre turbo diesel navara with after market intercooler power chip and it is also on lpg??

Glenn

YES.

its normally the first mod you do to a vechile. you seam to have done things a little back would.

got pics of the intercooler ?

It won't make a major difference to the power, but it will help the heat evacuate quicker so you don't melt a piston and it will allow the turbo to spool up quicker so the power will come on sooner. Like tweak'e said this should have been one of your first mods. Do yourself a favour and put a high flow cat in and remove the one that is there along with the 2 and 1/2 inch system.

normally it doesn't make a massive difference to power. but with his mods i'll bet it will be a very noticable gain in power.

From my experience going from stock system with the Dtronic to 3" system helped a lot with acceleration, torque low down is a little better but upwards of about 1500rpm she really starts to pull, and in the 3-4000 rev range it opens the engine up a lot, really pulls like a train higher in the rev range. The larger exhaust also makes a large difference to exhaust temps, 50 degrees on average, as well as being slower to build exhaust temp.

With all your mods, especially the chip and gas, you are throwing a fair amount of extra fuel in there and it needs to be dispursed in a hurry, so with your current 2" exhaust you would be strangling your exhaust gas , it would be cooking under the bonnet. I would go at least a 2.75" mandrel bend with hi-flo cat/dump pipe and it will make a hell of a difference. Do you have a egt gauge, if not whack one in.

cheers,

Lance

The exhaust makes the vehicle more drivable.

Come's on boost sooner, less time on the loud pedal.

Dave.

people hav been sayin get a 2.5 " , some say get a 2.75" and some say 3 "
any feedback from all three would b appreciated. cheers

also meant to say wot would the diffrence b between them or would it b minimal??? thanks

guys recken they get improvements when going from 2.5" to 3" on gutless 2.4TD's !
bigger is better, however you have to watch that the 3" doesn't hit the chassi when the motor flexs.
i keep mine down to 2.5" has i need to keep it very quiet.

people hav been sayin get a 2.5 " , some say get a 2.75" and some say 3 "
any feedback from all three would b appreciated. cheers

Beaudesert Exhaust recommended 2.75" mandrel bent for which I paid $1400 (including $140 extra for more bends around the gas tank). As I had it fitted at the same time I had D-Gas fitted I can't say what increase in performance came from the exhaust but I agree with Shonky. The combination makes a hell of a difference.

2.75 power increase

i have a D40 with a DP chip and 2.75 beaudesrt exhaust and have only just had it on the dyno again.
100 HP at the weels standard, 125 hp with DP chip and 130hp with 2.75mandrel bent exhaust and K&N filter:bike:

Back