Will rear shocks off a 2012 D40 fit an '07?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish

Reaction score
Got a very bouncy back end going over speed bumps etc and am thinking the rear shocks have seen better days. I know someone with standard shocks off a 2012 D40, would they fit my 2007? (both are ST-X models) Will his be a straight swap?

Cheers

You might not even need them - bouncy comes from the spring rate. How fast the bouncing is reduced (dampened) comes from the shocks.

I think they'd probably fit. When I was shopping for my shocks they listed "2006 onwards" for the D40. I think there was a few mm difference in ride height but that's not going to bother the shocks.

Just FYI, the standard shocks are very, very standard in performance.

A bouncy back end in these cars is actually expected when unloaded. It's rather light, with suspension that's designed to carry a LITTLE bit of weight. Chuck one or two bags of cement in there and see how it goes - you'll find it quite different.

Fair call Tony,

Last owner put heavier springs and "air bags" on it, reading airbags not a good thing for the chassis so they have minimal air in them at the moment. The tub has a canopy fitted. Heavier springs put in as he was towing a fairly big van around.

Might check some extra weight in there ans see how it goes. Maybe time to save some dollars and change all 4 corners. Just spent next pay day on a heap or stuff for the Goldwing (bike) so if I now tell the handbrake I want to spent another $1k on the Nav she is going to get very stroppy :)

Thanks for the reply, muchly appreciated.

Cheers

Tim.

Airbags also reduce/restrict flex so they're a bit of a hindrance off-road as well.

Goldwing, eh? I wanted an Aspencade after I sold my FJ1200 - was actually looking at the GL-2000 but opted to save my $.

Well that was a pretty good option to save the money instead of getting a GL2000 as you'd 'still' be waiting :) I bought the Wing over in Adelaide last October, saved a small fortune on what the stealers want over here.. Just ordered some bling as we have plans to head over to the MotoGP in October then continue across to Sydney and on the way home via Canberra, just taking it easy over 3 or 4 weeks... That's one thing the Wing does really well, lets you do several hundred km's at a time and still arrive at the other end with no aches and pains.

I guess I will wait and see how we go with the Navara on the beach at the weekend, reason fer buying a 4wd in the first place was to go fishun.. Well that and I just wanted a Nav hehe..

Cheers

Tim.

You should find out the origins of each Nav are they spain built? Otherwise a swap may not work because of model differences. Give Nissen a call maybe

Latest posts

Back