Willal Exhaust and Tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertHucker

Reaction score
Got my Willal Exhaust and Tune today.
The exhaust is big stainless steel 75mm OD three sections.
Welds are not the neatest but functional.

The tuner is a simple plug in pass through on to the fuel rail.
Not that impressed with the DB15 connector to the tuner module, see problems in the future with water and corrosion will see how it goes.

Just need the truck to fit it too, more sleepless nights.

Willal - 1.jpg

Willal - 2.jpg

Willal - 3.jpg

Willal - 4.jpg

Willal - 5.jpg

If you're worried about the connector, get some dielectric grease and put that on before connecting it together. That will stop any water getting in there... for a while at least

i see what mean about the ugly welds.... i guess you rarely see it under the truck though.
I had assumed that they used a unichip like they do for their over 4x4 tuning packages

Let me know how you go.

Personally, I dislike piggy back stuff. I'll be going for a turbo back exhaust and a proper flash tune when the flash tunes are good to go.

Apparently can get really good power out of them.. especially after the DPF is removed.

any mufflers and or cat come with this pipe set ?

No Mufflers.
The Guys at Willal say it does not need them. The cat and DPF supposedly takes out the turbo whistle and noise. Will see once get it fitted.
They also say in their testing the cat and DPF are not too restricting.

I too would like a flash tune for it, but at this stage looks like only Australia is getting the YS23DDTT. Hope someone will put the time into cracking it.

No Mufflers.
The Guys at Willal say it does not need them. The cat and DPF supposedly takes out the turbo whistle and noise. Will see once get it fitted.
They also say in their testing the cat and DPF are not too restricting.

I too would like a flash tune for it, but at this stage looks like only Australia is getting the YS23DDTT. Hope someone will put the time into cracking it.

People are already cracking it. I have been working with CRISPMODS who does ALOT of diesel tuning. Everything from TDI golf's to Semi-Trailers.

The YS23DDTT is a new computer and software architecture. He is currently getting nice little gains out of the new engine setup, but the biggest issue at the moment is cracking the DPF coding.

Hardware wise, I think think that is why willall is saying that they are not restrictive... because they can't crack the coding yet.

I can guarantee you that they are very restrictive. Its a high-boost turbo engine.. realistically, ANYTHING in the exhaust is restrictive.

People are already cracking it. I have been working with CRISPMODS who does ALOT of diesel tuning. Everything from TDI golf's to Semi-Trailers.

The YS23DDTT is a new computer and software architecture. He is currently getting nice little gains out of the new engine setup, but the biggest issue at the moment is cracking the DPF coding.

Hardware wise, I think think that is why willall is saying that they are not restrictive... because they can't crack the coding yet.

I can guarantee you that they are very restrictive. Its a high-boost turbo engine.. realistically, ANYTHING in the exhaust is restrictive.
Agree with you entirely.
May have jumped in too soon on this one.

Not sure if i will use the Willal tuner, don't want to risk cracking the fuel rail.

Look for what it is, I think the Willall system is okay. Being around cars and engine tuning for a while, I am just not a fan of 'chips' or 'piggybacks'.

The best way to go is to edit the stock ECU.

I am really interested in hearing how you go with the Willall setup. I think there will be gains.

The Denso common rail found on Nissans is rated up to 1800Bar or 26,000psi. It will be able to handle up to 30,000psi for short periods of time but not for sustained use. This is why tuners try to avoid upping the rail pressure and try to add more fuel by either extending the time the injectors are open (injector duration) or by advancing the timing (degree in which the injector opens. You need to remember our engines are only tuned for economy and emissions form factory, they are not tuned to make power. Upping the rail pressure is safe if you can monitor the pressure in the rail to ensure it stays under 1800 Bar

The Denso common rail found on Nissans is rated up to 1800Bar or 26,000psi. It will be able to handle up to 30,000psi for short periods of time but not for sustained use. This is why tuners try to avoid upping the rail pressure and try to add more fuel by either extending the time the injectors are open (injector duration) or by advancing the timing (degree in which the injector opens. You need to remember our engines are only tuned for economy and emissions form factory, they are not tuned to make power. Upping the rail pressure is safe if you can monitor the pressure in the rail to ensure it stays under 1800 Bar

You got it there, need to know it is monitoring the pressure in the rail.
I can't see how the tuner i have can do that when it is not connected to a pressure monitor. I don't see it being able to get the pressures just from the rail solenoid (think it is a stepping motor).

You got it there, need to know it is monitoring the pressure in the rail.
I can't see how the tuner i have can do that when it is not connected to a pressure monitor. I don't see it being able to get the pressures just from the rail solenoid (think it is a stepping motor).

Is it even upping the fuel rail pressure? Or you just don't know?

Yeah it the fuel rail sensor that the chip plugs into, all the chip does is drop the voltage so the ECU is seeing a drop in rail pressure so it reacts by upping the pressure from the common rail pump. Pretty crude method as you can easily exceed the manufactures recommendations with out even knowing.

You can buy a pressure gauge from Autometer which is suited for a 6.7L Cummins motor. It only has 2 wires an earth and a signal wire. I have one on the way atm. In theory it should work on all 0 - 5V pressure switches. Cummins use a Bosch common rail, very similar to the Denso common rail found on the Nissans

I have ordered one of these setups for my NP300 too.

I have used both fuel rail and injector chips in the past without problems on my D40's although I to would have prefered the chip to plug into the injectors rather than the fuel rail I did some research and discovered that the engine that the YS23 is based upon used in the Renault Master uses CRD to achieve good results without throwing codes or pressure problems.

Martin from Willall insures me that he has been running in his daily driver without problems and is getting good results.
Another thing that helped me to decide to go down this track was the fact a couple of the Nissan Dealers in NZ are distributors for them and they wouldn't fit them if there was issues (well I would hope).

Latest posts

Back