Willal Exhaust and Tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Ive heard from a few people that they were a little underwhelmed by the standard power, but im yet to test drive one.

I might fit mine if I get time but have to change the ball joints in my D40 to get that back on the road first as I'm still using that for work at this stage.

As for being underwhelmed by the power that's a big call if you ask me. The power is still there and it is just as good as the D40 but it is a different sort of power. The D40 you put your foot down and as the turbo kicks in you really notice the power but with the D23 it's more of a constant power (almost like a supercharger) thanks to the twin turbo set up.

On a private (cough,cough) test track my D40 with a DTE tuning box and weighing in at 2880kg reaches just a little under 100kph before I have to brake.
My standard D23 with no weight hits the same speed (give or take a couple of kph) over the same distance so I'd say the power is pretty similar (D40 without tuning box is a bit sluggish with the weight).
Once I get my exhaust and chip fitted I'll try it again and then once more, once I get my work gear into it and I'll let you know but don't hold your breath for the work gear it'll be another month or so before that happens.

Last edited:
If the d23 hit.the same.speed without weight then it is definitely slower, I doubt whether the chip will compensate 900kg that the d40 is carrying. I went from 2012 d40 to the d23 and although it takes off easier with weightcompared to the d40, I reckon the d40 is quicker. The d23 seems to struggle to rev. Interesting to see the difference in the chip, just got my wife's car remapped and made a huge difference. So now I'm keen to do the d23.

I will be interested when they crack the ECU and delete the DPF.
For now the cat back exhaust and rail chip will have to do.
Hope to get them fitted after i get the polyairs in. Thats a temp fix until aftermarket springs hit the market. Heard today king spring may have something in the pipeline see who gets there first.

Exhaust.
Sound well no change, little pop when turning the engine off.

Performance revs easier pulls away better in second.
Will have to see how it goes on the open road overtaking.

Install was simple, un-bolted the fromt and rear rubber mounts. un-bolt the cat flange and pull it out as one unit. Done it on my drive jacked the front drivers side up thats all.
The Willal being in 2 pieces with bolt together flanges was simpler to install.

Last edited:
NP300 PolyAir-1.jpgNP300 PolyAir-5.jpgNP300 PolyAir-6.jpgNP300 PolyAir-7.jpgNP300 PolyAir-8.jpg

Exhaust fitted

Exhaust is going good.
Think it does rev easier.
But I can't really judge that I in stalled it with about 300km on the clock. maybe less.
Done 1800km now. 1 week birthday today. 800km today 300 on gravel all held together and burnt of all the oil now.
Did notice a jump in power last night as it ticked over 1000km took of from the lights and it was like someone hit some intro from what it was.
Liking it.

Cheers. Rang Willall to get a price on the exhaust to Melbourne, $950 is a bit rich.

Might just chop the muffler out, vband it and the piping, and fabricate a muffler delete pipe.

From what I could see, the OEM SS exhaust looks fairly close to 3" od as it is.

Got my Willal Exhaust and Tune today.

The exhaust is big stainless steel 75mm OD three sections.

Welds are not the neatest but functional.

The tuner is a simple plug in pass through on to the fuel rail.

Not that impressed with the DB15 connector to the tuner module, see problems in the future with water and corrosion will see how it goes.

Just need the truck to fit it too, more sleepless nights.

View attachment 20838

View attachment 20839

View attachment 20840

View attachment 20841

View attachment 20842

How did you run the wiring out from the engine cover? Did you just put it through the grommet on the injector harness?

I run it out the front.
Drove it around the block and took it out.
Felt like some hammering and engine knock did not trust it.

I run it out the front.
Drove it around the block and took it out.
Felt like some hammering and engine knock did not trust it.

I fitted mine today. Same problem. Was fine for 2 minutes then knocking noise from the engine, then engine ran rough. Immediately remove it from my vehicle. Not happy 😔

Hmm ...well that's very dissapointing.
I thought willall were one of the best down here in SA.
Any money back satisfaction guarantee?

I'm sending it straight back to them. I hope they give me my money back. I will have to wait till Monday I suppose to find out.

Latest posts

Back