Winch and spotties

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pseretis01

Reaction score
Hey guys
I'm new to the 4x4 scene. I drive a 2008 d22 2.5 and I want to know if I need to install dual batteries to run winch and spotties. Or is this only if I decide to run a fridge?
I have a alloy tray can anyone point me in right direction for supply and fit of second battery under tray mounted
Thankss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate. Winching should only be done off the main battery anyway. The current draw that a winch pulls is way too much for a deep cycle battery to handle. As for spotties, that depends how many you want to run. I have 4 55w hids, a 126w light bar and a 260w ish light bar. The big light bar runs off the power from the aux battery, but it runs through an isolator so when the motor is running, the alternator runs it (almost) lol. I don't use any of the light bars or spot lights without the motor running, I have fitted some 18w led work lights instead so they don't use a lot of power.

As for the battery under the tray, you can probably just get one of those universal battery trays and make up a mount for it. I don't think there's anything off the shelf available for the d22s. Both my batteries are under the bonnet, but mine is a 2010 model that had them there from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hey mate

if you just want to run your spottys and winch just go off the main and running both of those will be while your engine is running any way.

but if you are going to run a fridge you definatley want a dual deep cycle battery on an isolator.
that what i do and my engle lives on the back of mine and it took 3 days of 40 degrees to flatten it. and battery box i had something custom made just went to fabricator with battery size and a rough idea and they worked out the rest and it'll be stronger then anything off the shelf.

Best bet with dual batteries is a dc to dc charger. I run a CTEK and I love it. Great bit of gear well worth the money.

Latest posts

Back