winch control box mounting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubasteve

Reaction score
Well ive had my Roo Products 12000lbs winch sittin at home for ages since i got my chip and exhaust package and after going for a drive over the weekend and gettin stuck ive decided to finally put it in. The main question I have is where has everyone been mounting the thompson box? I have a tjm bar and it looks like the brackets supplied with the winch only allow the box to mount onto the winch. It looks like I will need to fabricate something to get it on the bull bar and with the spotlight holes on my bar so close together it might need to be something special. I know some people mount them inside the engine bay too. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Mine sits on the chassis rail. Not visible from casual observers, and the cable still reaches into the cabin so I can operate the winch while at the wheel.

That's important - if you're winching something (a car, or worse a tree stump, or for shits & giggles a Toyota Hilux) then you should have your car in neutral, hand brake OFF, with your foot on the brake.

Mines mounted on the winch its self, i had to move the fan from the drivers side to the passenger side for it to fit tho, and there is a isolator next to the battery

Hey mate. Check if maybe some of those brackets allow the box to be mounted on the inside of the bar its self. Left or right hand side. Not on the actual winch, but to the side.
On my arb bar this is provisioned and has black caps on each side to fit the control cable through. The bar came with brackets that I initially thought were for mounting on the winch unit, but in fact they were for what I mentioned above. Just thought I'd mention maybe the tjm bar is similar.

I know that ill need the winch cradle to mount the winch because that's how Tjm designed it so maybe that may have some extra stuff with it. ATM I'm hoping I can fit it inside the bar somewhere but ill have to reattach my spotties after I disconnected them a while back, and see if I can work something out. NFURY8 was it simple to move the fan over?

I have a new ironman monster winch with the cool wireless remote, but the box is huge. Iv put it up next to the fuel filter to keep it dry and warm, just extended the cables to get the distance. Extended the control box earth into the cab and toba dash switch that i earthed in the cab to cut out the wireless control from been used unwillingly, also ran the control lead into the cab and cut the lead in the middle and wired in a plug so i could plug in the lead from the dash when needed. Works great and is neat and easy!

Latest posts

Back