Winch in Alloy bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabhsv

Reaction score
Looking around the site the other day and I saw some pics of someone that had fitted a winch to a factory alloy bar but I cant find where I sore it or how had it. Any help in finding the thread/ride would be good as I want to as him some questions.

Maybe an advanced search for winch and alloy bar?

Otherwise look at the garages and see if you can find the person then look at their threads

Im looking for the same info as well. Pics on the setup would be good. I was thinking of just buying a universal winch mount and cuting it to fit ontop of the chassis behind the bullbar. Then cutting out the alloy bar front to reveal the fairlead.

Yes I saw a pic and so info the other day but can't find it again the person, I wanted to ask him for some pics of the install he said he bought the mount from ebay he said and cut out the holes at the bottom of the bar.

I dunno I only remember talk about alloy v steel lately, but try hunting through your history and see what pages your visited that correspond with when you think you saw it.

There was an article in the latest Custom Utes (Australia) magazine where some security or ranger guy had fitted a winch to the chassis behind the alloy bar. Maybe this is what you saw?

EDIT: or it was in 4WD Action magazine... i cant remember.

Last edited:
I think the pic your talking about is on dvr's thread, of a gu patrol with a winch behind the alloy bar, noone seems to know whos car that is.

It could definately be done, plenty of room behind the alloy bar, saves buying a steel bar and keeps your weight down a bit. Get yourself a winch cradle, rip the bullbar off and work out a way to mount it to the chassis, cut out a bit of the bar for the fairlead. just make sure the fairlead is mounted solidly and sitting just a little bit out from the alloy bar so the cable doesnt foul the bar.
I plan on doing this eventually, but got a few other things I want to do first.

Let us know how it goes.

There was an article in the latest Custom Utes (Australia) magazine where some security or ranger guy had fitted a winch to the chassis behind the alloy bar. Maybe this is what you saw?

EDIT: or it was in 4WD Action magazine... i cant remember.

Was this on a d22?
Be good to have a look at the article, can you find out which mag/issue it was in?

It was in current issue, number 10 of '4WD Custom Utes' on page 42.

It's a 2004 D22 with 3ltr engine, modified with intercooler, Sunraysia rims, 3" exhaust, winch fitted in factory alloy bar, etc... etc

I could scan the article and post up here but not sure if that's allowed. It's worth buying the mag as it also comes with 4WD Custom Guide issue 36 and a good DVD for 10 bucks.

It may have been in the latest 4wd mag as I bought it the other day I will look tonight. I saw the pics and article some where I have looked through every post that I read on navara forum for the post weeks and nothing it was on a D22 that is what toke my eye.

Latest posts

Back