Winch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steedjo

Reaction score
Hey.

I got an ironman winch given to me, just wondering when i connected it all up to the power, not mounted on car it didnt work. This would mean the solenoid is bust, would it? The motor didnt even make a noise

Also if it is, which solenoid would be best suited.

Steedjo
I missed connecting up one of the earth wires (2 on mine - one on the control box and 1 on the motor) so don't know if that might be it. You probably aren't as silly as me though.

The control box should contain more than one solenoid. There may be a switch to enable/disable the box, there may also be a switch to select wired/wireless operation. In wireless mode the cabled connection won't respond.

If there's no sound at all from the solenoids it's possible that they're stuffed, maybe you could try a control unit from another winch. I have a sorta-dodgy one here that I'm not using.

Hey.

Yea theres no sound at all when connected up. I did buy a new wireless controller off ebay. Same as what was in there, and as far as i can tell theres no switch to change it over. Its the ironman 12000lb winch.

Latest posts

Back