Wind Booster Throttle Controller

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchie07au

Reaction score
Is there anyone that is using or has used or even has any feed back on Wind Booster Throttle Controller in the ZD30?

Or can any one recommend one? Doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot of them on the market.

I can't speak for the ZD30, but I bought one for the missus Prado 150's..... and all I can say is ..... WOW, it transformed it from a lackluster car to one that now responds like its got a chip in it.... its great and a worthy investment... I didn't realise u can get one for the ZD30..... what sort of $$ are they ??

I've read some pretty good fees back on throttle controllers. Apparently wind booster is compatible with D22's with a ZD30 motor. I'm sceptical on the idea as I can find any viable proof that they have been researched and tested on the ZD30. I think the company is flogging a dead horse

Why do you want to run one hutchie? My one gripe with the chip express is there is too MUCH throttle response and requires minute input from the right foot at low speed driving. Prob'ly why the more expensive chips are wired to the tps I s'pose.

Why do you want to run one hutchie? My one gripe with the chip express is there is too MUCH throttle response and requires minute input from the right foot at low speed driving. Prob'ly why the more expensive chips are wired to the tps I s'pose.

The advantage of the Wind Booster is u can desensitise as well depending on the setting u set it on....

That's the exact reason I want to try one out rabbit. I give it 10% throttle and it like I've put my foot to the floor. I just want more driver controllability at low revs not so much the fast throttle response

Yeah. I'll be interested to see how you go with this. I can see why the other chips on the market use the tps now.

What does Chip Express connect to then?

The fuel pump only. It works well, but down low its pretty touchy, need to really feather the throttle. Im guessing the tune they come with is pouring fuel in below 2000rpm to overcome the dead spot on a standard engine, but with egr/swirl mod and exhaust it might be a bit much.

Hey guys

What's people's thought on these. Gotta get the final list together for the Brisbane 4wd show this weekend. Wouldn't mind a little more throttle response.

Thanks
Rusty

Got one of these today and WOW what a difference it makes.
The guys at ULTIMATE SUSPENSION put one in for me to try and if i like it i can buy it but if not give it back, BUT i wont be giving it back thats for sure, i will be buying it 100% certain of that.

Where does it plug in?
Throttle, fuel rail, pump?

Edit: OK just Googled it. Connects at the throttle. Thought diesel may have had a different method.

Last edited:
Where does it plug in?
Throttle, fuel rail, pump?

Edit: OK just Googled it. Connects at the throttle. Thought diesel may have had a different method.

plugs in just on top of the actual throttle pedal, and doesnt do anything to fuel rail pressure or boost ect just adjusts the throttle itself and takes away the lag between the ECU and fuel delivery, basically forcing the ecu to act quicker instead of waiting for it to decide weather or not you can have what your foot is telling it to give.
All though it doesnt give you more HP it certainly feels like it, allot of guys even use it in conjunction with a chip exhaust ect, one of the good things is not only can you wind it up to be super responsive you can wind it down to be slower and really smooth out the delivery of power and its that setting people are using to actually save on fuel.

nah it is different, may do the same job but doesnt look the same.
the "windbooster" looks like this

not sure about the other one but the "wind booster" has 3 main functions with 10 adjustments for each one and also has an option for the stock setting which is basically off

Went past superior offroad today (just to browse of course :p) and finally took up Axel on his offer to try it out.

All I can say is wow, I have a smile from ear to ear, recommend this all. Very surprised how much of a different this made.. just wow ....

Positive feedback but pulling a 2 tonne load only a better tune via a well setup tuned car will roar up the hill the winbooster excites you at the start then runs out of puff under load not trying to sound negative sure the ecu responds faster but under heavy towing it won't work for me.

Latest posts

Back