Windscreen damage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSW has similar regs to Vic regarding windscreen cracks, but we have overpasses with dickheads that can aim the rocks better than those down south.

That kind of behavior makes me nervous whenever I drive under bridges and there are kids up there. I still remember the truck driver that copped a brick in his lap that pulverized his testicles . Not cool : (

saying it just happened coming out of the last town, .

I'd say that no matter where I was, the only difference would be that the town name would change as the dust and grit grew in the crack and it was easy to see it didn't happen 5 minutes before hand.

I used to crack, chip or completely smash a windscreen in the truck about 5 times a year but I've only ever done one car windscreen in all my years of driving and I sold that car with the crack in it.

I'd say that no matter where I was, the only difference would be that the town name would change as the dust and grit grew in the crack and it was easy to see it didn't happen 5 minutes before hand.

I used to crack, chip or completely smash a windscreen in the truck about 5 times a year but I've only ever done one car windscreen in all my years of driving and I sold that car with the crack in it.

Sounds like you have had some bad luck brother . I would hate to be your insurer lol

Windscreens where the least of our troubles, roos, wombats, and other wildlife cost our company shitloads more although driver damage probably came a close second with some of the nufti's we had driving.

We get a permanent discount at the autoglazer still to this day despite being out of the trucking industry. My family has had 22 cars tinted and we'd replace anything up to 15 windscreens a year in the trucks and the guy who did them all is really nice to us because of it.

Roos and wombats are so inconsiderate ! They always pop out to say hi at the worst possible times . Well you must have made the auto glazier pretty happy with regular repairs like that .

I had replaced mine 2yrs ago through insurance, novus told me that I could get a solar screen it will take about 30% more impact, but the insurance company might want me to make up the difference as they were dearer approx $300 more than a standard laminateed screen as the company will only replace what's in it, I told him if that's the case then they can replace it with a genuine screen ($1000) these prices was from novus & guess what I got the solar screen for nothing, so it might be worth checking before you drop a cheap screen in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back