wires going no where on transmission

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc1965

Reaction score
When I was climbing under my d22 today I noticed 3 plugs that had wires just hanging off the gearbox, the wires where just dangling in mid air doing nothing I know they are on the transmission/transfer case for a reason,I don't have a 4wd light on the dash when I engage 4wd so was thinking maybe one of them was for that but cant figure out what they are for or where they go, any advice appreciated.

Reverse works, neutral works but cant figure our what the 4wd light plugs into but do know there must be an issue with that switch or plug as no light on the dash when I engage 4wd, They are not plugged into any thing, just 3 black wires with a plug on the other end. I have only had patrols in the past so don't have a workshop manual to tell me what the plugs and leads are for!

Attachments

• 20161226_135036.jpg
    20161226_135036.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 20161226_135104.jpg
    20161226_135104.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 182
A green light will come on when you select 4wd under the fuel gauge. The wires may of snagged on something, if you have no light as you said there is the problem.

Cheers

A green light will come on when you select 4wd under the fuel gauge. The wires may of snagged on something, if you have no light as you said there is the problem.

Cheers

The previous owner put a 2 inch body lift in it but have noticed he put the 2 inch blocks on top of the existing ones so its actually a 3 inch body lift, where on the transmission do I find the 4wd selector switch? Hoping like you said its just snagged or been broken from having to stretch so much more than standard height...

The previous owner put a 2 inch body lift in it but have noticed he put the 2 inch blocks on top of the existing ones so its actually a 3 inch body lift, where on the transmission do I find the 4wd selector switch? Hoping like you said its just snagged or been broken from having to stretch so much more than standard height...

The switch is in the transfer case. I'd say the body lift was too much for the connector to move properly. If you look a bit more under the body you may locate the other end of the plug. He may of just cut it off, that aside check your insurance regarding the 3" body spacers.

The switch is in the transfer case. I'd say the body lift was too much for the connector to move properly. If you look a bit more under the body you may locate the other end of the plug. He may of just cut it off, that aside check your insurance regarding the 3" body spacers.

Will check for wiring as you suggested, am going to take out the 2 inch spacers as with them in everything is held together with zip ties etc...

Will check for wiring as you suggested, am going to take out the 2 inch spacers as with them in everything is held together with zip ties etc...
Good idea, a well set up D22 needs no body lift better to get your chassis up first. You don't mention if you have 33's, if the previous owner fitted them there may be an issue with clearance when you lower the body.

Good idea, a well set up D22 needs no body lift better to get your chassis up first. You don't mention if you have 33's, if the previous owner fitted them there may be an issue with clearance when you lower the body.

Yes it cam with 33's but for the time being have swapped them for 31's as they stuck out past the guard big time. The guy I bought it off on the night his mate did the road worthy it had 2 inch lift, 2 inch body and was running on 33's The mechanic while he was there said technically it only had a 1 inch body lift as out of the factory they have a 1 inch body lift, so he did a mod plate to keep it legal to the 124mm over all lifts, but looking today the guy has put the 2 inch blocks on top of the factory ones so brings it to 3 inch body lift. am going to get a mate to help me remove the 2 inch blocks sometime in next week or 2 while he is on holidays. or at least remove the original 1 inch rubbers.....

Hey guys don’t want to do anyone’s head in I know this problem isn’t new but I’m just really stuck guys need some help I got two wires just dangling around and at the end of the vid the old owner has given me that wiring saying that’s the 4wd problem he had while taking his clutch off it ripped off I just need help locating them due to my 4wd gear obviously not working I was reading the past problems some of youse had but not helping can anyone help me out cheers

Attachments

• 71681130273__649A7141-491A-49A6-98F4-9CDF31B997EF.mov
    41.2 MB
It won't stop 4wd from working, just the indicator light on the dash to show it is engaged. If 4wd is not engaging or working for you, it is likely another issue. You have a D22 I take it?

It won't stop 4wd from working, just the indicator light on the dash to show it is engaged. If 4wd is not engaging or working for you, it is likely another issue. You have a D22 I take it?
Cheers for the comment mate u know by any chance where I can locate to where that wires goes and yeah I do own a d22

I can't remember. I was blowing fuses for my dash if I recall and after some research on this forum of unlimited knowledge "Thanks team😉" I looked at the plugs on my gearbox and found the 4x4 wires shorting. I unplugged and insulated them and haven't looked to get a replacement switch. I will try and remember to order one and trace the wires back to source on my next break and post my findings for you

Easy mate cheers appreciate it
I can't remember. I was blowing fuses for my dash if I recall and after some research on this forum of unlimited knowledge "Thanks team😉" I looked at the plugs on my gearbox and found the 4x4 wires shorting. I unplugged and insulated them and haven't looked to get a replacement switch. I will try and remember to order one and trace the wires back to source on my next break and post my findings for y

Latest posts

Back