Wiring for a fuse block

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjwooly

Reaction score
Evening all.

I'm thinking of putting a fuse block in my canopy to run my fridge as well as some lights and maybe a 12v oven down the track.

I'm going to run power from my ArkPak from the two external terminals.
The fuseblock has a negative and positive bar.

My question is do I just run the -/+ from the arkpak directly to the fuseblocks -/+ or do I need to run a neg. then also from the fuseblock to the chassis?

The arkpak is now grounded (chassis) via the small grounding point near the inverter so that can be used.So am not sure if it needs kindoff earthing twice I guess.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading.

If your arkpak will be running the accessories that are wired up to the fuse block, then you only need to run pos and neg from the block to the arkpak.

You could fit an anderson plug to the arkpak and one to the vehicle with the wiring to the fuse block, that way you can keep it portable...

thanks bods that's what I was thinking too about the A/P's.

Just need to find somewhere neat for an A/P to fit on the outside of the ArkPak.

I was thinking of running cable directly from the inside battery terminals to a And. Plug just near the handles as long as it doesn't get in the way for lifting.

Will have more of a look tomorrow.I do have more A/P's coming in the mail next week.They are very handy things indeed.

Cheers.

Sounds like a good setup. Haven't had a real close look at those arkpaks, so couldn't say, but I reckon that would be the go if there's enough room...

There's no need to separately ground the ark pak to the car chassis, and if you were relying on that so you could charge the pack from the car you'd end up with an unreliable solution (because chassis connections can become dirty).

If you can mount an Anderson plug on the Ark Pak (connected directly to the battery inside separated only by a 100A fuse or thermal breaker) then you can use it for multiple things:

1) Connected to an Anderson plug that you've got in the tub on the end of a cable that comes from the battery up the front - for charging on the move

2) Connected to an Anderson plug that you've put on the output of a solar regulator attached to a folding solar panel for when you're camping to charge the unit

3) Connected to an Anderson plug that you've attached to the output of a mains charger for charging at home

Thanks once again oldtony and the others.

I have connected the ArkPak up to the dual battery charger Anderson plug from the back of the car into the Anderson plug on the ArkPak.So yep that gets that charging as i drive everyday.I have disconnected the solar panel for now to see how this goes.I will purchase a folding solar system for when I am camping.My solar panel sits on the roofrack and takes up valuable space.

I bought a ArkPak mounting kit at a very good price from BCF for only $16 and only took 1hr to fit.So I think it will 90% stay in the truck and will hopefully run the fridge 24/7.Will see.

Next thought is fitting of the fuse block and a switch panel...so be ready cos there will be questions for sure :dummy:

Thanks guys!!

Latest posts

Back